Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanjiong Pagar Station: TLR Night Shoot 23rd Thursday anyone

Default Re: Tanjiong Pagar Station: TLR Night Shoot 23rd Thursday anyone

Too many people, I am glad I shot everything last year in May 2010.

You can get onto the tracks and shoot these.

This place will be jam packed with people.

The highlight will still be the trains coming in. Be there before 6pm, shoot fast. Bring wide angle if you want to capture the train change over.

Alternatively, you can goto the small station at Bukit Timah road.
    MF Film user. Nikon D800 works too.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Might be going friday morning
    Let me know if there are fridays shooters. maybe start 6.30~7pm

Regards,
    Jeff 93864938
    Life is always waiting for the RIGHT moment...

Doubt I will be able to make it tonight Maybe I will go to the one at Bt Timah.

ah.. i fell sick so cant go =\ enjoy the shoot though!
    F3, FTN, D700, just primes =)
    http://littleredcake.smugmug.com/

How do you go to this place? Bus to take from mrt to railway station? I'm heading there around 6am tomorrow friday to get some nice morning shots.

Quote Originally Posted by garbled
    How do you go to this place? Bus to take from mrt to railway station? I'm heading there around 6am tomorrow friday to get some nice morning shots.
    Www.Gothere.sg

Btw, I think from now onwards whichever day or time it will be very crowded. Been there just now and it was packed with so many photogs

I was there from 5:30pm and met up with some of you.

It was madness, too crowded!!
    Could be more interesting shooting some female shooters than shooting the train station....

It was impossible to do the shots I intended to do. Even around the station, night shoot was impossible because of moving crowds.
    After 6pm, the crowds really poured in. Bring something simple. A fast lens, and something that has reach.

I think from tomorrow onwards will be jam packed. Today kept having photogs poked into my viewfinder...

Here were some done yesterday. :

Rolleiflex 2.8E Ilford XP

Does anyone know if the station will remain open to public even if the station is not going to function after 30th June?
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkornos View Post
    I was there from 5:30pm and met up with some of you.

It was madness, too crowded!!
    Could be more interesting shooting some female shooters than shooting the train station....

It was impossible to do the shots I intended to do. Even around the station, night shoot was impossible because of moving crowds.
    After 6pm, the crowds really poured in. Bring something simple. A fast lens, and something that has reach.

[/CENTER]
    Luckily i left around 6pm. Saw afew with TLRs. Surprisingly i saw 2 newly weds doing their pre-wedding shoots. I can literally see them perspiring! Poor thing. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike
    Does anyone know if the station will remain open to public even if the station is not going to function after 30th June?
    If I rem correctly the station will close from 1st July for some restoration works first. Not sure when will it open again? And they were talks about removing all the rail tracks between Woodlands and Tanjong Pagar as well? So it might be closed for awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by awesomesther View Post
    If I rem correctly the station will close from 1st July for some restoration works first. Not sure when will it open again? And they were talks about removing all the rail tracks between Woodlands and Tanjong Pagar as well? So it might be closed for awhile?
    I see...many thanks for your reply..Will be making a trip down this weekend....*sigh...the big crowd turns me off quite abit*
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

I see...many thanks for your reply..Will be making a trip down this weekend....*sigh...the big crowd turns me off quite abit*
    If you can, maybe take a morning off work, half day or what. Go shoot before going in to office? Evening or weekend = bad bad crowds. People will keep walking into your shots.
    Worst part is, I use film. -_-" haha

If you can, maybe take a morning off work, half day or what. Go shoot before going in to office? Evening or weekend = bad bad crowds. People will keep walking into your shots.
    I see if can get it approved for a Tues afternoon or ...leave very hard to approve these days -.-"'

I've tried the one in Bukit Timah as well on a weekend, a train come = all people start crowding the place/train/rails etc. Hard to get a clear shot (not impossible)

Bottom line for people who want to shoot the railway station: Go on a weekday before 30th June. (not many days left)

Film all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Bottom line for people who want to shoot the railway station: Go on a weekday before 30th June. (not many days left)
    Too right. Here are some pics my kid took yesterday. Too many people indeed, just to give some idea about the situation.

I am still keen for next week weekday. If anyone going, please PM me. Cheers.

Too right. Here are some pics my kid took yesterday. Too many people indeed, just to give some idea about the situation.
    Wow...this IS crowded..easily 10-20x more than the Bukit Timah one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkornos

Film all the way!
    Yay! will you be free on Weekdays? Mornings maybe we can go one day and see how? Damn. Deadline so tight. Haha!

Yay! will you be free on Weekdays? Mornings maybe we can go one day and see how? Damn. Deadline so tight. Haha!
    I am thinking of next Tuesday or Wednesday. PM me

I am thinking of next Tuesday or Wednesday. PM me
    You've mail!

I went today, was the one who initial everyone to go down the track and start shooting before getting scream at by the guards there, after they left things repeat a few times but at least manage to get some reli gd shot including some female photographer as they keep on coming into my viewfinder so why not ..
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast