Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has this ever happened to you?

Default Re: Has this ever happened to you?

Wow! Alot of negative feedback. I never thought that 2 days was unreasonable to think over the job offer. Besides, the company is not in a hot location where there are plenty of candidates applying for the job.
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    Wow! Alot of negative feedback. I never thought that 2 days was unreasonable to think over the job offer. Besides, the company is not in a hot location where there are plenty of candidates applying for the job.
    2 days is more than enough for hundreds of FT to fly to SG to apply for that job

The secret to successful job interview is that if you need the job, don't let them have any excuse to give it to someone else.

first foremost, when u go for that job interview, u should already know if that is what u want (job scope that was advertised).

secondly, u should have some figures (salary, bonus etc) + staff benefits in mind what the company can offer you that will make u say yes right away. you should be mentally be prepared for this before u know if u will be accepted.

so i really dun see the need that u need 2 days to think over.

cos seems like first step you already screwed it, u probably had the mindset to just go for any interviews u get then see what they offers. So to the company when u tell them u need 2 days, they also think like me, and don't find you sincere but just try try only. And guess what? these companies is smart! they already have back up candidates in case you say no.
    Last edited by sinned79; 27th June 2011 at 03:12 PM.

just continue to do what you have been doing.
    Nothing wrong right?
    with 100+ interviews and offers down, things mentioned and advice here will start to make more sense to you.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    just continue to do what you have been doing.
    Nothing wrong right?
    with 100+ interviews and offers down, things mentioned and advice here will start to make more sense to you.
    Are u insulting me?
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

Quote Originally Posted by dancemania

Are u insulting me?
    Mate. He is giving u advice. I also went to 100+ interviews. Do what you're doing=keep going for interviews. Don't go for the technicality k?

Good luck k! What industry are u in? Can forward u links if u need.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Are u insulting me?
    whatever I posted earlier depends on how you look at.

2 pages worth of advices and you see them as negative feedback.
    Let me summarized for you since you still failed to see them.
    Put yourself in others shoes (your potential employer) and you will find your answers.
    Last edited by coolthought; 27th June 2011 at 06:09 PM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Cool down All !!

I myself have been insulted a lot of time ... like 100 times ...

That whenever i asked a question here, people asked me to google it.

I felt insulted but i still like to ask questions ...

kekekeke ...

Quote Originally Posted by google View Post
    Cool down All !!

kekekeke ...

Quote Originally Posted by google
    Cool down All !!

kekekeke ...
    That's the spirit!! Never stop asking questions!!

Wow, so sorry to hear this. When the prospective employer agrees to let the candidate a few days to consider, she/he should not change her/his mind. I don;t do this to candidates. If the position cannot wait, just tell the candidate that an answer is needed immediately or by when. I think you should lodge a compliant to MOM.

If they need you, they will wait else they will get another person...if there are many applicants

Also if you are the employer of the staff doing recruitment, what will be your next reaction?

I once went to a interview with tie etc etc.... I took it off when I saw the interviewer in T shirt and jean.. just sharing

Try again!
    Last edited by Yappy; 30th June 2011 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    If they need you, they will wait else they will get another person...if there are many applicants

Also if you are the employer of the staff doing recruitment, what will be your next reaction?

I once went to a interview with tie etc etc.... I took it off when I saw the interviewer in T shirt and jean.. just sharing

Try again!
    Wow, that's a little too presumption (don't meant to be impolite). What if it happens to be a dress down Friday? I have interviewed candidate on Friday in my T- and jean and still landed a good one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123