Thread: Pentax digiscoping - Anyone tried before?

Default Pentax digiscoping - Anyone tried before?

Just saw this and it seems like people uses these for taking bird photos and celestial bodies like moon etc

Basically it is attaching a scope to your dslr, then you can take photos in manual focus. The below Pentax scope will give you 1600mm to 4800mm, even saw another Pentax scope that will provide 2000mm to 6000mm.

http://store.birdwatching.net/store/...369/Detail.bok

Last edited by Fireemblem; 20th June 2011 at 02:40 AM.

Default Re: Pentax digiscoping - Anyone tried before?

Thought about it before, but a good scope isn't cheap, and it's really challenging to focus w/ such small aperture (unless you shoot the moon or something really far away).

If you try it out, you will be pioneer.

If I am not wrong, the telescopes will be rather slow (ie. as in f-stops). Good ones will be better of course.
    In fact those cheap Samyang/Bower/etc ones that are like 500mm f8 are simple telescopes in various mounts.

i thought about the opposite before

attaching K5 to a microscope via an adapter. but no time and space to experiment yet.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    i thought about the opposite before

attaching K5 to a microscope via an adapter. but no time and space to experiment yet.
    That one I tried before, the tip of a pen couldn't even fit in the whole viewfinder. But the photos just didn't look real, so I gave up...

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    That one I tried before, the tip of a pen couldn't even fit in the whole viewfinder. But the photos just didn't look real, so I gave up...
    my intention is really to photograph microscopic subjects not macro. like onion skin cells, daphnia and other very, very small creepy crawlies.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    my intention is really to photograph microscopic subjects not macro. like onion skin cells, daphnia and other very, very small creepy crawlies.
    I'm still pondering why other brand puts "micro" lens for their macro lens. To me macro lens is for taking macro subject, micro lens for taking micro subject, that's more logical

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    I'm still pondering why other brand puts "micro" lens for their macro lens. To me macro lens is for taking macro subject, micro lens for taking micro subject, that's more logical
    haha... i don't apply logic. i only care about utility