Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Fashion Shoot

Smile Marketing Gimmick

Its not uncommon in the commercial world to witness marketing gimmick in place to attract those people (ordinary Singaporean by and large are no exception) that suckle up to freebies, etc. for example, queing up overnite , fighting over free toys for their kids and more.

Nothing is free - such entity just want to build up their database or awareness, and database of prospective participants are worth something especally in online marketing.

so when you see something dubious ( without any details or clarity) either you pass it up or if you just cannot resist the temptation because of greed -just give some false details in order to be part of the recipient of the freebies and not compromising on your risk exposure.

There is no need to questions their intention or motivation as it is quite clear to me what they are doing. We have seen even companies both home grown or foreign who claims to be global multinationals are doing nothing less than honourable and transparent marketing ploy on newspaper ads too.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    sour grapes? heheh :P
    Hi Vince, this is no sour grapes. It's fine for me that they have filled the number of photographers. The key is how they have done it. With all photo-shoots etc, paid or free, there will always be quotos and everyone accepts it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I guess many people are questioning on the motivation of the free shoot.

Is it to provide a free shoot or is it an exercise to build up a list of photographers? I feel the execution of this request is done in such the way it seems like the company is aiming for the latter objective.

But I lose nothing here, so I am not complaining.

Perhaps there are some of us who registered and turned away assignments and commitments for this shoot, they may feel sore for not being informed for not being selected.
    Yes, precisely what i have said. Luckily i do not have any assignment but i did turn down an appointment with my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond
    hmm..... I can see where nemesis is coming from. The ppl from Exposurebox could do a better job of notifying people earlier or by a certain dateline, and not by mass notice on the websites.
    Yup. They should at least put up the number of vacancy just like how others organise the paid/free shoot. Imagine if you see an ad saying handphone for $1 and you took leave to go and buy it but they say only got 1 piece and it's sold. Don't you feel cheated? That's the reason why ads always indicate last 5 set only etc so that only those that went very early make it.

Deregistered

turned out this free fashion shoot didnt materialized yours truly and another CS member got stood up we waited at their void deck for almost an hour.... nothing no phone call to say its cancelled or anything like that...
    where are their manners?

Default ...

Wasn't there clear enough forewarning and discussion messages about possible dubious intent on potential undesirable characters preying on human greed.

Well.Expected.

From the way they have conducted themselves, it is no surprise this will happen.

Sean
    Clubsnap member Sean says that he's from exposurebox and he's the one in charge of the shoot ( this tread post no 17 ). Sean, would you care to comment on the no show?

i've also registered for this "free" shoot, but luckily i've some impt things to do on that day so i gave it a miss...there was no confirmation or anything too...

zig> feel outraged for u & fellow CSers who went that day...

maybe SEAN who like to comment??

Well, a lesson learnt.

The organiser never give you any number to call back?

Deregistered

heee.... we lost the number...
    but to look on the bright side i met a fellow snapper and had a great time chatting about photography with him!

Deregistered

oh i just realised i can find his number if i searched his posts here

I turned up at the shoot with 2 other guys, Willy Foo and another whom I dunno his clubsnap nick. Will post up some pictures after getting around to editing it.

Deregistered

what ever man, exposurebox should've call us even if they dont want to shoot
    ,so i went on to organise my own model studio shoot, cost me $320 frickin dollars though.

Thumbs down

yeah... Still no response or even shots from the shoot? Make me wonder if it did happen at all....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12