Thread: watermark?

Default watermark?

hello...

what exactly is a "watermark"? Is it the name of the photographer over the photo? what is the watermark for? if its to prevent people from stealing the photos...but what if the thief edits the name out? its possible right?

Well, a normal watermark is just simply like this: (the COMSTOCK images logo)

It can be in text form or logo, over the picture to 'mark' the picture so that it discourages people from taking the photo as they have to use photoshop to edit the watermark if they want to steal the photo..which is not impossible to do..but extremely tedious.

Another kind of watermark is the 'Digital Watermark' it is a coded thingy that is attached to the picture.. i can't remember how it works. It's just some code thingy

I think someone else can give a better explanation..but this is the geist of it .. hope it helps

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkishy
    Well, a normal watermark is just simply like this: (the COMSTOCK images logo)

It can be in text form or logo, over the picture to 'mark' the picture so that it discourages people from taking the photo as they have to use photoshop to edit the watermark if they want to steal the photo..which is not impossible to do..but extremely tedious.

Another kind of watermark is the 'Digital Watermark' it is a coded thingy that is attached to the picture.. i can't remember how it works. It's just some code thingy

I think someone else can give a better explanation..but this is the geist of it .. hope it helps

in PS there's a plug-in called digimarc. its a form of digital watermark whereby iit encodes data onto ur pic so dat anyone can view it. best thing, others can't change it. unlike watermarking on the pic, where u can PS it away, digital watermarking is encoded into ur pic.

biggest downside of digimarc? u need to subscribe to it. the company gives out the license based on the amt of photos u wish to watermark. it cost a lot of $$$$! just activate the digimarc plug-in to view the latest prices.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

hey thanks guys for taking the effort to answer my question ah!

btw, does anyone know if there is a software that can "watermark" date onto a large number of digital pictures automatically, you know, without having to do it picture by picture?? thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CyberDoo
    btw, does anyone know if there is a software that can "watermark" date onto a large number of digital pictures automatically, you know, without having to do it picture by picture?? thanks!
    try searching for this shareware called PhotoMark. it allows batch processing.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal