Thread: sunset at santa monica beach

Default sunset at santa monica beach

scanned photos. feedback much appreciated. thanks!

Last edited by kristlbel; 27th June 2002 at 02:21 PM.

i give up

http://www.pbase.com/image/2734475
    http://www.pbase.com/image/2734671
    http://www.pbase.com/image/2734566
    http://www.pbase.com/image/2734672

here're the URLs. really hope to get some feedback
    on the lighting of the pictures.

The first 3 pictures seem underexposed to me. If so,
    should i have adjusted the exposure, or the aperture?

I think i use f5.6 on Aperture Mode.
    Last edited by kristlbel; 26th June 2002 at 11:00 PM.

Taipei, Taiwan/ Los Angeles, California. U.S.A.

Now ya got me homesick and looking forward to spending this Christmas with my mom in PV this year...

Originally posted by OpenLens
    Now ya got me homesick and looking forward to spending this Christmas with my mom in PV this year...
    oops.

Where's PV?

Originally posted by kristlbel

oops.

Where's PV?
    If you're familiar with the south bay area...hop on hawthorne or crenshaw and take it to the ocean. that penninsula is Palos Verdes, aka. PV. It's next to Torrance...if you're driving through the beach cities, it goes: Redondo, Torrance, Palos Verdes, San Pedro.

If you're familiar with the south bay area...hop on hawthorne or crenshaw and take it to the ocean. that penninsula is Palos Verdes, aka. PV. It's next to Torrance...if you're driving through the beach cities, it goes: Redondo, Torrance, Palos Verdes, San Pedro.
    ISn't PV a rich-person's residential area? Yeah, I took a drive up the hill. Was staying in Torrance. Next to the Arco's station along PCH.

ISn't PV a rich-person's residential area? Yeah, I took a drive up the hill. Was staying in Torrance. Next to the Arco's station along PCH.
    Yeah...after my parents split my mom worked her butt off to keep me there and in the school system. Doctors child support payments and her job as a teacher in Inglewood was enough. She's a great lady and sacrificed a bunch for my sis & I .

I know where that station is....really awesome pizza place on PCH & Hawthorne called "Hanks" Just a bit further up on Hawthorne is Pauls Photo where I bought my first SLR. The owner has been there forever and is a great guy.

Yeah...after my parents split my mom worked her butt off to keep me there and in the school system. Doctors child support payments and her job as a teacher in Inglewood was enough. She's a great lady and sacrificed a bunch for my sis & I .

I know where that station is....really awesome pizza place on PCH & Hawthorne called "Hanks" Just a bit further up on Hawthorne is Pauls Photo where I bought my first SLR. The owner has been there forever and is a great guy.
    Never knew about "Hanks" and Pauls Photo. Will check the places out if I get to go again I love Fusion Sushi though. That one's before the Arco station along PCH.

So watcha think of the pictures? hehe..

Palos Verdes is a nice place to stay. Nice and secure because its snugly up a hill (and no streetlamps ). Stayed there in the Rolling Hills Estate when i holidayed in LA....

So watcha think of the pictures? hehe..
    I like the top two best, especially the color. Go out and get yourself a 2 and 4 stop graduated ND filter and play with getting the same sunset scenes with some detail in the foreground.