Thread: Where to get value for money Notebook

Default Where to get value for money Notebook

Anyone know where I can get cheap, value for money note book ?
    Purpose & requirment : For photographic use one lah, plus some Excel, Words and Powerpoint, not mean for game or internet.

I remember last time I saw one notebook for military use (not sure about it),
    the Panasonic ruggy laptop, silver color one, small, compact and can resist minimun impact. Anyone know how much?

Twinhead or Sotec will be your choice. Can expect less than 2K

Go Yahoo auction for a second hand one. I personally believe that it is ok to buy second hand electronic stuffs, most important to get one that still under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by poh6702
    Go Yahoo auction for a second hand one. I personally believe that it is ok to buy second hand electronic stuffs, most important to get one that still under warranty.
    The best laptop you can get for just under $2k is the Apple iBook 12". It will do all the stuff you listed very nicely. And the screen is superb. My friend had a Sotec but it failed after 3 months, though your mileage may vary.

Regards
    CK

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    The best laptop you can get for just under $2k is the Apple iBook 12". It will do all the stuff you listed very nicely. And the screen is superb. My friend had a Sotec but it failed after 3 months, though your mileage may vary.

Regards
    CK
    Totally agreed. At the slightly below $2k price point, the apple ibook represents the best value.

Its not that hard to convert to mac... I took only one night to get used to the mac interface.

Same here. The mac is highly recommended
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

i'm a 2 day mac convert with the ibook 12" 1G which cost only $1998,very nice and sleek design somemore.
    mac is suprisingly user friendly,not like wad i always hear from pp that it is very hard to use..

go to SGL marketing at SLS at 2nd floor, ask for a 12" white notebook that reads ibook G4, that is the one, best value for money if you need not need ipods or so. then ask if the sales ppl for 512 ram and your software, if got student or teasher pass even cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    i'm a 2 day mac convert with the ibook 12" 1G which cost only $1998,very nice and sleek design somemore.
    mac is suprisingly user friendly,not like wad i always hear from pp that it is very hard to use..
    The bad things you hear about the Mac are from PC users; the bad things you hear about PCs are from Mac users

Regards
    CK

Pls be careful when someone offer to sell u notebook very cheap, and ask u to transfer money over as advance payment. Trust my advise pls.

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    The bad things you hear about the Mac are from PC users; the bad things you hear about PCs are from Mac users

Regards
    CK
    I'm a new convert as well. Love the Sleep feature on the Powebook by just flipping down the screen. One thing, getting 'cheap' software for Mac can be quite a bitch, if you get what I mean.

apple ibook. less than 2k.

does microsoft office documents works and interchangeable perfectly btw ibook and windows XP?

How about those engineering software: AutoCAD? Can work on ibook?

If you can only have one notebook, is ibook a good choice? Need the notebook for work and home leisure.

I am unsure thus I chose a Dell...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Always buy from trusted source, if things sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

got a fren who selling her Toshiba A20 (I tik) made in Japan model.
    bought in April, selling at $2k.

pm me if keen.