Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommended lens for group photos

Default Re: Recommended lens for group photos

Quote Originally Posted by jun550D View Post
    http://i.ebayimg.com/10/!B-Et)2gBGk~$(KGrHqZ,!i!EzLKYclTPBM7o9hlODg~~0_1.JPG
    i bought this over ebay 2 days ago still waiting for it to arrive 3 weeks later
    Let's hear the results. So far, these converters are only famous for two things: being overprized and degrading the image quality. That's why many people try to sell them again in Buy&Sell here.
    Here an offer that nearly made me falling off the chair:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...ight=converter
    Two days later he even increased the price and wants to trade with a Canon 70-200 f/2.8
    Last edited by Octarine; 16th June 2011 at 06:23 PM.
    EOS

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Let's hear the results. So far, these converters are only famous for two things: being overprized and degrading the image quality. That's why many people try to sell them again in Buy&Sell here.
    Here an offer that nearly made me falling off the chair:
    Two days later he even increased the price and wants to trade with a Canon 70-200 f/2.8

wow crazy guy i rather buy another DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    When you are using the 11-16 to take the group photos, make sure you bring the 18-55 along....some may not appreciate the beauty of the distortion at the edges (esp females).
    Haha. Firsthand experience. My workmate screamed for my blood when she saw the results of an UWA lens (and I learned never to use it on people until I'm better).

Quote Originally Posted by symmetrix View Post
    Haha. Firsthand experience. My workmate screamed for my blood when she saw the results of an UWA lens (and I learned never to use it on people until I'm better).
    I feel you. Committed the mistake too. But my speed of deleting the photo is faster than someone walking 2 steps to me. Phew!
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

I feel you. Committed the mistake too. But my speed of deleting the photo is faster than someone walking 2 steps to me. Phew!
    Some people just can't understand art, no?

Some people just can't understand art, no?
    Well, I don't think I want a photo of me shot using a UWA.....will really become an art...
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

Well, I don't think I want a photo of me shot using a UWA.....will really become an art...
    Was a joke

Was a joke
    I hope TS have an idea how others may react when shot using UWA... The "art" will become more obvious if it's not taken straight on but from the top or side.

In short, if really really have to, shoot it straight on and pray that the distortion is "hidden" or totally make it a creative shot "大头照"

I tried full body shot of my GF, the image look very unique
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I hope TS have an idea how others may react when shot using UWA... The "art" will become more obvious if it's not taken straight on but from the top or side.

In short, if really really have to, shoot it straight on and pray that the distortion is "hidden" or totally make it a creative shot "大头照"
    Haha. Interestingly quite often my subject are children so they could be amazed by the 大头照!

Jokes aside I roughly got the idea liao. No UWA for me for the moment and I will keep on practising with my kit lens for group shots
    Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

Quote Originally Posted by Levis
    I had done group shoot with 80-200mm, wondering has anyone tried
    Tried it before but I think I'm 15-20 feet away coupled with a bounce flash, the result was very pleasing.
    Olympus OMD EM-5 | 12-50mm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123