Thread: a bottles shots

Default a bottles shots

Hi, all this is my first time posting here. Really hope to have feedback either good or bad so to improve myself further. Thank in advance.

1.in what area is critique to be sought?
    looking for how to improve my photo

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    I just wanted viewers to have a feeling he in a pub Oo

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    It was taken at mid afternoon indoor

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    well first product shot i done looking for suggestion

Please dont hesitate to give me your honest feedback and thank you!
    Last edited by zaren; 16th June 2011 at 12:34 AM.

Default Re: a bottles shots

err.... nice looking thumbnail??

post a bit more bigger like this lah.
    Some of us don't have good eyesight.

I will leave this to others since I am not good in this.
    Last edited by coolthought; 16th June 2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

It's a nice capture there, but I think abit more space on the left may be better, currently it's abit too tight for my preference. For the wordings on the first bottle, it might be better if it's facing the camera directly.

Just my $0.02.
    Last edited by SkyStrike; 16th June 2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

To clarify your intentions with the exact wording, Advertorial Absolut Vodka Product Shoot in Pub setting. Is this correct? And I also have to be clear, was this chanced upon while you were at a pub or was this set up in a home studio? My comments will have slight differences depending which is it. Will also require you to list down the entire steps taken to achieve this shot, preperation, setup, product arrangements, lighting arrangments, & any info deemed relevant. I can give a serious critique, but am not going to start without some details first. Thanks,

haha actually i am just taking photography as a hobby and think of way to improve my shots

this is taken by just by placing bottles on a table at home using a 90mm without flash

not really a product shoot. i just trying to learn how to take good closeup shot cos i enjoy taking macro and close up alot

Quote Originally Posted by dardar View Post
    haha actually i am just taking photography as a hobby and think of way to improve my shots

this is taken by just by placing bottles on a table at home using a 90mm without flash

not really a product shoot. i just trying to learn how to take good closeup shot cos i enjoy taking macro and close up alot
    Ok, so an abstract still life shot then. Good, that defines the critique parameters considerably.

Firstly think of approaching this shoot in a "fun" way. There is no need to make sure names are legible, it will be nice but anything with a brand name is automatically associated with being an advert. Which makes assessing the photo as a commercial piece wrong. There is also no need to show the entire bottles, you can get much closer, tighter and more creative with framing. Examine the subject characteristics: glass texture, glass opacity, colour (if any), liquid/glass refraction capabilities, bottle shape, etc. Placing the main light directly behind is a common glass photography technique. Be more creative with camera angles, top down, bottom up. Composition-wise go crazy, could you press right up to a bottle with the lense and let the bottle curvature & light refractions create patterns, experiment with different bottles and strength in light source? Add stuff in, spray water from a mist bottle for droplets, add in crush ice for those sliver reflections. The key is to let your imagination lead you from 1 idea to another continuously. Fine tune the delivery and you can even combine those ideas into a proper commercial advert one day. Have lots of fun!