Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tokina uv filter

Default Tokina uv filter

Hi guys , anyone know does cathay photo sells Tokina filter? And what's the average price for a 52mm uv filter

Default Re: Tokina uv filter

Why not you call and ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Randydbiker
    Hi guys , anyone know does cathay photo sells Tokina filter? And what's the average price for a 52mm uv filter
    There's a filter price guide too

Nvm I got the price already ty

Any reason why you want a Tokina Filter? If i'm not wrong, those do not have any coatings that prevent glares…why not just pay a little more and get a Hoya? Those are reasonably priced as well…52mm i think quite reasonable…or just look at the mass sale section..many people selling Hoya and B+W filters at really good price...

I have 2 extra 52mm tokina uv. Do pm me if you interested.

Blog Entries

hmm just get a used good condition hoya mc filter =) rather than tokina haha
    Lousy de My Flickr

can i use uv filter and cpl at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by ygw0707
    can i use uv filter and cpl at the same time?
    Yes you can but it's not recommended. Stacking the UV and CPL might cause vignetting and cause you to lose image quality. Since the UV filter serves no purpose in this case, just remove it when you want to use a CPL

Quote Originally Posted by spree86

Yes you can but it's not recommended. Stacking the UV and CPL might cause vignetting and cause you to lose image quality. Since the UV filter serves no purpose in this case, just remove it when you want to use a CPL
    Icic so can I jus use cpl for all shootings?
    Uv filter is seem like protector for lens..

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    This would depend really..esp on where you are I very often stack the CPL over the UV filter simple because it's less troublesome to remove the UV, then fix on the CPL and when done need to reverse process…and while removing the UV, you might end up getting your lens dirty etc..
    I have no noticed much vignetting by doing so if you use a slim UV and slim CPL together…IQ also can't really tell any diff…
    One good example is when i was in the Dubai dessert, there was NO way iw as going to remove my UV to fix on the CPL My lens would've been super dusty and sandy if i did that...

Quote Originally Posted by ygw0707 View Post
    Yes you can but you shouldn't CPL does chagne the colour of things and unless you want to adjust everytime you shoot..best to only use it when necessary. CPL also does add 1-2 stops so you might get much slower shutter speeds if you use a CPL all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ygw0707

Nope you shouldn't use CPL for all shootings. It cuts off 1/2-1 stop of light from entering your lens. This will cause problems with focusing and will lengthen the exposure time. You don't need a CPL for indoor or night shots

It's okay just asking guys

Quote Originally Posted by spinworkxroy

This would depend really..esp on where you are I very often stack the CPL over the UV filter simple because it's less troublesome to remove the UV, then fix on the CPL and when done need to reverse process…and while removing the UV, you might end up getting your lens dirty etc..
    I have no noticed much vignetting by doing so if you use a slim UV and slim CPL together…IQ also can't really tell any diff…
    One good example is when i was in the Dubai dessert, there was NO way iw as going to remove my UV to fix on the CPL My lens would've been super dusty and sandy if i did that...
    Dust will enter whether you use a UV filter or not. My recommendations doesn't change. It's still better to remove the UV filter, maybe you don't see the vignetting but stacking greatly increases the chance of flares occurring.

dun ever get this filter. it may be dirt cheap ($10 the last time i got it at mscolor for the 52mm) but it had serious flare issues when u take night photos.

spend more and get a coated filter instead to prevent flaring problems.

Wat's the situation for using cpl? Outdoor shooting? blue skies?

Do I use cpl when shooting city/landscape, sunrise and sunset?

Sorry for some newbie quest.. Hope ur dun mind =)

Quote Originally Posted by ygw0707 View Post
    Wat's the situation for using cpl? Outdoor shooting? blue skies?

Do I use cpl when shooting city/landscape, sunrise and sunset?

Sorry for some newbie quest.. Hope ur dun mind =)
    google is your best friend.

random thought: tokina/hoya/kenko are made in the same place, but somehow hoya/kenko's quality will be better than tokina's. but all three have very different price range. credit for this research goes to a certain iguana.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya
    random thought: tokina/hoya/kenko are made in the same place, but somehow hoya/kenko's quality will be better than tokina's. but all three have very different price range. credit for this research goes to a certain iguana.
    Haha glass all come from tokina. The difference is due to the coating. Tokina filters are not multi-coated like the kenko and Hoya ones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast