Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for places to capture light trails (of vehicles) at night.

Default Suggestions for places to capture light trails (of vehicles) at night.

Hi guys, I'm interested in capturing the light trails of moving vehicles from a slightly elevated location. Would like your suggestions for some places that can be easily accessed. Most people would suggest an overhead bridge, if you have any particular one in mind please let me know which area. I am specially interested in some place where I can incorporate some well-lit buildings as a background.

Also, I plan to go to Pinnacle @ Duxton for some night shots. If anyone has been there and has some pics to share it would be nice. Would like to know what kinda view to expect from there.

Default Re: Suggestions for places to capture light trails (of vehicles) at night.

it's actually quite... a boring place. quite windy so you'll need a heavy tripod.

for light trails you can try boat quay

Default Re: Suggestions for places to capture light trails (of vehicles) at night.

any places which the vehicles able to travel fast enough, their head light will not shine direct into the lens, I find the overhead bridge across expressway is most ideal.

here is a timelapse clip with light trails

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-vid...php?st=67a7b9b

hope this help.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

TS,
    do you mean something like this?

In order to incorporate well-lit buildings, probably somewhere in the city centre area (eg. around Raffles City, Esplanade, CBD area) is preferred.

Blog Entries

hmm anywhere with car moving is good? suntec? theres a bridge somewhere? i cannot rem hha
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    hmm anywhere with car moving is good? suntec? theres a bridge somewhere? i cannot rem hha
    Yeah I suppose as long as the traffic flow is moderate, should be fine.
    Suntec.... yes there's an overhead bridge between Convention Hall and Marina Sq. Foot traffic is quite heavy there though. They might not take too kindly to someone setting up a tripod there...
    Exploring! :)

Appreciate the heads up for Duxton Kei1309.
    @Zerocool and catchlights, yes this is what I am looking for. I think I'll need to walk around first and see a suitable place to get the buildings in the background as well.
    Thanks for the help everyone!

expressways is the best.

if u want, u can even sneak into CTE (but dun get caught).

Here's a photo I shot a few months back:

i am still on the lookout where i can shoot expressways with darker surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    expressways is the best.

i am still on the lookout where i can shoot expressways with darker surroundings.

Wah risky business

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Wah risky business
    no risk no gain at least not much ppl in sg had shot inside CTE :x

definitely... good job!
    Better not leave evidence online about your 'misdeed', else the men in blue might come knocking on your door

Many cameras installed in CTE,.. good luck if you going to do it next time.

expressways is the best.

try walk deeper into the tunnel and take lar..

btw, I will go and take inside the tunnel.... someday....but in another way......
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Alexandra Road near Alexandra Hospital and AIA building, overlooking Ayer Rajar Expressway
    Google map

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    any places which the vehicles able to travel fast enough, their head light will not shine direct into the lens, I find the overhead bridge across expressway is most ideal.

here is a timelapse clip with light trails

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-vid...php?st=67a7b9b

hope this help.
    this looks

Quote Originally Posted by NikF601 View Post
    Many cameras installed in CTE,.. good luck if you going to do it next time.
    so far not caught yet i took it back in feb.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    try walk deeper into the tunnel and take lar..

btw, I will go and take inside the tunnel.... someday....but in another way......
    hmm the deeper i go is here... but try not to go too far... cos very hard to get out later lol

here's taken near an overhead bridge near Toa Payoh. I stayed there for 1 hour place taking numerous shots... passerbys walking pass me thought I am screwloose haha

Last edited by sinned79; 16th June 2011 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatCh View Post
    Alexandra Road near Alexandra Hospital and AIA building, overlooking Ayer Rajar Expressway
    Google map
    be aware everytime the heavy buses lumber by, the road will have vibrations and there goes ur long exposure..
    perhaps the foot bridges nearby which oso overlooks the expressway is a better idea..

Quote Originally Posted by MatCh View Post
    Google map
    wun recommend here as well as the background looks cluttered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast