Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tripod - please help with the choice

Lightbulb Tripod - please help with the choice

I'd like to buy Tripod and Ballhead. Budget will be around $400.... hmm... maybe max $500.

Can anyone input some advice to me? for instance - which brand and model? and where to buy?

thx~

Default Re: Tripod - please help with the choice

I feel the heat coming.....embrace yourself..

*The search box can be found in the top right hand corner if you missed it*
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Blog Entries

maybe u can tell us ur eq? etc etc

if not i guess sirui is good enough =) go tk and try it out
    Lousy de My Flickr

Sirui should fit you. And also please do state what are you going to use for and also the weight of your eq?
    Do you mind it being heavy or must be light?
    Do you mind it being big and bulky or must be portable?

There are a lot of factors to consider for your tripod. What will work for us might not work for you.

it'll be good to hit the stores at funan/peninsular area and feel the tripods for yourself. "trust no one but yourself"

I vote for sirui too!! Or benro

I did some research already.... considering 190xprob + 496RC2 but seems very heavy... then another one is 190cx3, but don't know what the different with 190xprob except the price.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    I vote for sirui too!! Or benro
    I saw the price of T-1205X + K10X in TK facebook is $349... almost equal to 190cx3+496CR2... which one better?

Quote Originally Posted by lovefoto
    I did some research already.... considering 190xprob + 496RC2 but seems very heavy... then another one is 190cx3, but don't know what the different with 190xprob except the price.
    XproB is aluminium while the cx3 is carbon fibre

I saw the price of T-1205X + K10X in TK facebook is $349... almost equal to 190cx3+496CR2... which one better?
    You should bring your heaviest setup down to try. Personally I feel both tripods are too short for me but everyone have their own preference

Quote Originally Posted by lovefoto View Post
    You should base it on your needs. If you need it for travelling where you want a shorter tripod, 1205X will be a better choice. It's 40cm vs Manfrotto at 55cm. But if you need the height of a "normal" tripod, Manfrotto will be better.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

the first thing you should consider is WHAT you're gonna mount on the tripod. take the heaviest combo of body+lens to gauge what's the weight, then filter out those that ccan't support it.

but a good tip would be to consider whether you'll want to upgrade in the future. and if you don't want to buy a new tripod, then this tripod you wanna get would need to support your future gear. so, before you get so many opinions, go do your math.

one more thing, check if its warranty covers the usual damage especially from baggage handling.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage
    one more thing, check if its warranty covers the usual damage especially from baggage handling.
    Warranty will never cover wear & tear And accidental damage.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Warranty will never cover wear & tear And accidental damage.
    In this case, the aluminum one should stronger than the carbon fibre one?

i'm going to buy a new bag also, maybe versapack 200 aw, but not sure if i can handle lens + daily stuff + tripod all on my back... I'm 165cm tall

Quote Originally Posted by lovefoto View Post

i'm going to buy a new bag also, maybe versapack 200 aw, but not sure if i can handle lens + daily stuff + tripod all on my back... I'm 165cm tall
    I went with steel tripod....not really confident with alu and cf is way overpriced in my opinion.

As for the bag, bring your stuff and ask the shop if can test fit the bag first. If you really need to bring a lot of daily stuff, try the Fastpack 350.
    Last edited by Reportage; 16th June 2011 at 09:57 AM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

If they are rough with it, doesnt matter if it's aluminium or CF. It will still get damaged. Maybe you won't feel so heart pain if it's aluminium

Do people still sell steel tripods?

I have tripods that have steel joints but not one with steel tubular legs : )

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    If they are rough with it, doesnt matter if it's aluminium or CF. It will still get damaged. Maybe you won't feel so heart pain if it's aluminium
    I've checked in my Sirui T1004X into my soft-case luggage, no damages seen visibly, even thou I saw alot of scratch marks on my luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    I went with steel tripod....not really confident with alu and cf is way overpriced in my opinion.

As for the bag, bring your stuff and ask the shop if can test fit the bag first. If you really need to bring a lot of daily stuff, try the Fastpack 350.
    Wow...Steel tripod....Wonder how heavy is it. Weight is my no.2 concern after budget...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast