Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 141

Thread: 10 stop ND filters

  1. #101

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    are you using Canon? Canon's crop factor is slightly different, giving more leeway in terms of vignetting at the expense of FOV.
    I see that y. Thanks for explaining.

    @chiang
    Thanks so I will get to see them becos of the gasket.
    Have not try them, will see whether can leave wif it anot.
    Thanks again.
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv

    Cos the camera is able to see through the filter. Of course u must screw in the filter before shoot, take out when done. No unnecessary screwing and unscrewing in between shoot.
    !!!!! I had nvr know that!!?! 0_0"
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  3. #103

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    I see that y. Thanks for explaining.

    @chiang
    Thanks so I will get to see them becos of the gasket.
    Have not try them, will see whether can leave wif it anot.
    Thanks again.
    I can't,thus decided to mod my filter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    !!!!! I had nvr know that!!?! 0_0"
    It was mention by a fellow bro earlier too.

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv

    I can't,thus decided to mod my filter.

    It was mention by a fellow bro earlier too.
    Just got hold of my HT pro 10 stop. Will try liveview later.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  5. #105

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Just got hold of my HT pro 10 stop. Will try liveview later.
    Tk stock is here?
    Can I ask u got the 85 x 85 or 100 x 100?
    And pm mi the price?
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  6. #106

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Just got hold of my HT pro 10 stop. Will try liveview later.
    How much was it? Is it from TK? Do post sample shots! really wanna see it.

  7. #107

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    Tk stock is here?
    Can I ask u got the 85 x 85 or 100 x 100?
    And pm mi the price?
    Stocks are In!!! I got 1 ystd.

    HITECH 84MM PRO STOP 6 (3MM): $95
    HITECH 84MM PRO STOP 8 (3MM): $95
    HITECH 84MM PRO STOP 10 (3MM): $95
    HITECH 100MM PRO STOP 6 (1.5MM): $140
    HITECH 100MM PRO STOP 8 (1.5MM): $140
    HITECH 100MM PRO STOP 10 (1.5MM): $140

  8. #108

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    Stocks are In!!! I got 1 ystd.

    HITECH 84MM PRO STOP 6 (3MM): $95
    HITECH 84MM PRO STOP 8 (3MM): $95
    HITECH 84MM PRO STOP 10 (3MM): $95
    HITECH 100MM PRO STOP 6 (1.5MM): $140
    HITECH 100MM PRO STOP 8 (1.5MM): $140
    HITECH 100MM PRO STOP 10 (1.5MM): $140
    Thanks don't know will there still have stock when I go on monday. Haha
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Bro, I tried with liveview Liao... Cannot see a thing. I guess it must be in a situation where there's enough light in the first place.

    Like what Edutilos mentioned, exposure beyond 4 mins must have a good reason. My room ambient light gives me abt 0.6 sec which is abt 8min according to exposure guide. I'm taking a test shot now @ F/2.8 with ISO 200. I'll report how's the outcome.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  10. #110

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    Stocks are In!!! I got 1 ystd.

    HITECH 84MM PRO STOP 6 (3MM): $95
    HITECH 84MM PRO STOP 8 (3MM): $95
    HITECH 84MM PRO STOP 10 (3MM): $95
    HITECH 100MM PRO STOP 6 (1.5MM): $140
    HITECH 100MM PRO STOP 8 (1.5MM): $140
    HITECH 100MM PRO STOP 10 (1.5MM): $140
    Sorry can I know the 3mm and 1.5mm what that?
    Thickness?
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  11. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Yes. But dun need to bother. 85mm is the 3mm thickness while the 100mm is with the 1.5mm thickness. Just choose the one for ur holder. Ur can't fit one to another anyway.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  12. #112

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Bro, I tried with liveview Liao... Cannot see a thing. I guess it must be in a situation where there's enough light in the first place.

    Like what Edutilos mentioned, exposure beyond 4 mins must have a good reason. My room ambient light gives me abt 0.6 sec which is abt 8min according to exposure guide. I'm taking a test shot now @ F/2.8 with ISO 200. I'll report how's the outcome.
    Yes. it does comes with a limitation. Anyway, we wont use a 10 stop ND in a low light situation right?

  13. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchew

    Sorry can I know the 3mm and 1.5mm what that?
    Thickness?
    I think it's the gaskets at the side that makes it 3mm

  14. #114

    Default

    Just got the hitech pro 10 stop. It works quite good, just that the blue tint is quite terrible. Well, better than the magenta cast.

    There's only one thing worrying me, there are like tiny dusts thingy which is quite hard to remove. How do you remove that?

  15. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Where do u find the dust? on the filter or on the rubber gasket?
    I blew my filter with a blower and use lens tissue after I open from the package.

  16. #116

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Where do u find the dust? on the filter or on the rubber gasket?
    I blew my filter with a blower and use lens tissue after I open from the package.
    Corners of the gasket, somewhere here and there. It's not really dust though, stains or something. Hard to remove but still able to. Oh and there are circular stains which is quite hard to remove too..

  17. #117

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    Corners of the gasket, somewhere here and there. It's not really dust though, stains or something. Hard to remove but still able to. Oh and there are circular stains which is quite hard to remove too..
    Blower, Spectacle cloth (lint free), lenspen should do the job.

  18. #118

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    Blower, Spectacle cloth (lint free), lenspen should do the job.
    Used a spectacle cloth but doesn't do the job well also, the paper that comes with it, does it scratches the filter?

  19. #119

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    Used a spectacle cloth but doesn't do the job well also, the paper that comes with it, does it scratches the filter?
    It should be reasonably resistant to scratch. I have removed the gasket, rub it with solvent and toothpaste, wash it a few times, wipe it and it is still in good condition.

  20. #120

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    It should be reasonably resistant to scratch. I have removed the gasket, rub it with solvent and toothpaste, wash it a few times, wipe it and it is still in good condition.
    I can actually see thin scratches on mine but it shouldn't affect the images. I'm trying to find a high grade cleaning kit that wipes off dusts and stains easily and it doesn't get dusts on them. Any brand recommendation?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •