Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 stop ND filters

Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    the guy told me that i'd have to wait another 2 more weeks.
    you never know when the stocks just manage to arrive early and you'll be down at the shop the next day haha

Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong

you never know when the stocks just manage to arrive early and you'll be down at the shop the next day haha
    Business doesn't work that way... But if luck has it, and the stock arrives, i might be happy but my wallet will cry foul

ohhhh, they have the 85mm version. Now i don't have to waste money on 100mm filter holders!

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

Business doesn't work that way... But if luck has it, and the stock arrives, i might be happy but my wallet will cry foul
    Yeap. But now I'm only worrying some will buy the 85mm to only upgrade to LEE in the future and need to change to 100mm filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    ohhhh, they have the 85mm version. Now i don't have to waste money on 100mm filter holders!
    Ya, nearly sold off my cokin filter to get the lee,
    Now can save abit Liao
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

the guy told me that i'd have to wait another 2 more weeks.
    Stocks are in as of 21st June. I just one 1..

too bad. didn't get one. the usable area would leave a nasty vignette on my images. and to get the 100mm to cover my lens, i'd have to spend another $100+ on the holder.

oh well. gonna hunt around for a 77mm B+W

Pai sei bro. If I know u need I could had sold my to u.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Pai sei bro. If I know u need I could had sold my to u.
    no worries bro. haha. will keep hunting

too bad. didn't get one. the usable area would leave a nasty vignette on my images. and to get the 100mm to cover my lens, i'd have to spend another $100+ on the holder.

oh well. gonna hunt around for a 77mm B+W
    Hi.. I am using the 85mm x 85mm version w/o any vignetting at 10mm on my Sigma 10-20 on a wide angle holder slight vignetting on a 2 slot filter holder and slight vignetting on my modded 2 slot filter (No vignetting from 12mm).

The cause of vignetting is the gasket, thus a little mod will solve this problem.

1. I remove the spongy thing.
    2. Then clean away the double sided tape residue using some solvent.
    3. Most probably you will get some solvent stain on the filter, wash the filter with toothpaste to get rid of them (be sure to use those without solid substance)
    4. To solve the light leak issue, seal the gap on the filter holder with gaffer tape
    5. DIY a hood to cover the top and bottom. My first attempt is a Velcro nylon strap that warp around the filter holder and filter. The result turn out fine.

Will post a field test soon.

*Most of my filter are of cokin P size, thus upgrading to a 100mm one does not make alot of sense to me.
    ** DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    Hi.. I am using the 85mm x 85mm version w/o any vignetting at 10mm on my Sigma 10-20 on a wide angle holder slight vignetting on a 2 slot filter holder and slight vignetting on my modded 2 slot filter (No vignetting from 12mm).

The cause of vignetting is the gasket, thus a little mod will solve this problem.

3. Most probably you will get some solvent stain on the filter, wash the filter with toothpaste to get rid of them (be sure to use those without solid substance)
    4. To solve the light leak issue, seal the gap on the filter holder with gaffer tape
    5. DIY a hood to cover the top and bottom. My first attempt is a Velcro nylon strap that warp around the filter holder and filter. The result turn out fine.

*Most of my filter are of cokin P size, thus upgrading to a 100mm one does not make alot of sense to me.
    I have been hearing that the Sigma 10-20 will not vignette with the cokin wide angle holder. But do note that it will vignette on the Tokina 11-16. Not that the Tokina is wider than the sigma, but I think it is just how the lenses are constructed, meaning the tokina's filter thread is probably further out than the sigma.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

I have been hearing that the Sigma 10-20 will not vignette with the cokin wide angle holder. But do note that it will vignette on the Tokina 11-16. Not that the Tokina is wider than the sigma, but I think it is just how the lenses are constructed, meaning the tokina's filter thread is probably further out than the sigma.
    Guess so...
    Tokina 11-16mm looks longer than sigma 10-20mm

Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post

i'm lazy. i'll just get the B+W and then some step up rings

Lol, I'm lazy, that's y I'm getting square filters
    Screwing things onto lens is such a chore. Just wish to do it once and let the slotting ease the rest of the efforts.

Lol, I'm lazy, that's y I'm getting square filters
    Screwing things onto lens is such a chore. Just wish to do it once and let the slotting ease the rest of the efforts.
    With Liveview, screwing and unscrewing is not necessary too.

I used to have ND110 with me, but move to square filters to standardize things.

Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv

With Liveview, screwing and unscrewing is not necessary too.

I used to have ND110 with me, but move to square filters to standardize things.
    Errr how liveview makes screwing not necessary?

Errr how liveview makes screwing not necessary?
    Cos the camera is able to see through the filter. Of course u must screw in the filter before shoot, take out when done. No unnecessary screwing and unscrewing in between shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Am I doing the wrong way? How come when I using a p holder wide angle holder I don't
    Get to see the vignette at 11 on tokina lens?
    Or am I miss understood on other thing u guy talking abt?
    Sorry for the newbie qus.
    I planning to get the 85 x 85 10stop hitech filter don't know will it cos the
    Vignette? No money to change to lee now.
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    Am I doing the wrong way? How come when I using a p holder wide angle holder I don't
    Get to see the vignette at 11 on tokina lens?
    Or am I miss understood on other thing u guy talking abt?
    Sorry for the newbie qus.
    I planning to get the 85 x 85 10stop hitech filter don't know will it cos the
    Vignette? No money to change to lee now.
    are you using Canon? Canon's crop factor is slightly different, giving more leeway in terms of vignetting at the expense of FOV.

Most probably the 85mm x 85mm one will cause vignetting on your EOS system + Tok11-16. However, the cause will be the gasket instead of the holder.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast