Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 141

Thread: 10 stop ND filters

  1. #1

    Default 10 stop ND filters

    Does anyone know where can I get a 10-stop Hitech square ND filter? I've searched most shops, TK, John, SLR, Cathay, orient but they don't sell it. Also, are they able to fit cokin P holders?

  2. #2

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    Does anyone know where can I get a 10-stop Hitech square ND filter? I've searched most shops, TK, John, SLR, Cathay, orient but they don't sell it. Also, are they able to fit cokin P holders?
    Why not check out Lee Big Stopper? TK stock them but I think you need a Lee holder. Not sure if it fits the P holder
    Last edited by spree86; 14th June 2011 at 09:01 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Why not check out Lee Big Stopper? TK stock them but I think you need a Lee holder. Not sure if it fits the P holder
    Lee filters are expensive right? No budget.. Or should i just stack 3, ND8/0.9 filters?

  4. #4

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    Lee filters are expensive right? No budget.. Or should i just stack 3, ND8/0.9 filters?
    That would give you 9 stops, should work. Just take note that you are shooting through 3 pieces of filters so i'm not too sure of image quality

  5. #5

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    That would give you 9 stops, should work. Just take note that you are shooting through 3 pieces of filters so i'm not too sure of image quality
    it'll be quite bad. especially if you use tianya filters

  6. #6

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    Does anyone know where can I get a 10-stop Hitech square ND filter? I've searched most shops, TK, John, SLR, Cathay, orient but they don't sell it. Also, are they able to fit cokin P holders?
    I was looking for the same thing before, called TK Foto, and they explained that they don't sell HiTech 10-stop ND because of color cast caused by resin filters. I ended buying B+W 110 ND filter. Anyway, I think investment in Lee filter is good, I agree they're expensive but I think I might be getting it soon

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d3vilZ

    I was looking for the same thing before, called TK Foto, and they explained that they don't sell HiTech 10-stop ND because of color cast caused by resin filters. I ended buying B+W 110 ND filter. Anyway, I think investment in Lee filter is good, I agree they're expensive but I think I might be getting it soon
    B+w 110 nd also abit hard to buy right?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong

    B+w 110 nd also abit hard to buy right?
    It's not hard. A lot of places stock them. You just need to get them before the stock runs out

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86

    It's not hard. A lot of places stock them. You just need to get them before the stock runs out
    Do you know if it will be cheaper if I get it in mass sales? If not then I gonna drop by the shops already.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong

    Do you know if it will be cheaper if I get it in mass sales? If not then I gonna drop by the shops already.
    Yup it would be a little cheaper but stock is lesser compared to the shops. I think there are 2 mass sellers selling them. One is Henessy, the other is visiontechnik I think

  11. #11

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    it'll be quite bad. especially if you use tianya filters
    How about Cokin or Hitech? What are the side effects?

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86

    Yup it would be a little cheaper but stock is lesser compared to the shops. I think there are 2 mass sellers selling them. One is Henessy, the other is visiontechnik I think
    Yeah checked them out. Henessy is out of stock. Thought it would be cheaper cos I wanna get uv as well.

  13. #13
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by d3vilZ View Post
    I was looking for the same thing before, called TK Foto, and they explained that they don't sell HiTech 10-stop ND because of color cast caused by resin filters. I ended buying B+W 110 ND filter. Anyway, I think investment in Lee filter is good, I agree they're expensive but I think I might be getting it soon
    Hitech just very recently released a new line of filters called the PRO line of filters which are made of glass. Their new 10 stop filter is now made of glass and from online reviews, are comparable to LEE's big stopper. You might want to call TK and ask about these to see if they have reached our shores.

  14. #14
    Member Kenneth67C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Shanghai, China, China
    Posts
    1,087

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Hitech just very recently released a new line of filters called the PRO line of filters which are made of glass. Their new 10 stop filter is now made of glass and from online reviews, are comparable to LEE's big stopper. You might want to call TK and ask about these to see if they have reached our shores.
    Correction: they are still made of acrylic, but a different grade from the old ones. They also come with the rubber padding around the filter to block out more stray light. Haven't had a go at it yet, been raining here.
    An artist who realizes there is a supreme force and works gladly as an apprentice under heaven.

  15. #15
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth67C View Post
    Correction: they are still made of acrylic, but a different grade from the old ones. They also come with the rubber padding around the filter to block out more stray light. Haven't had a go at it yet, been raining here.
    Thanks for the clarification bro. I read some reviews and some of them said they were glass... hmmm...

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    Hitech just very recently released a new line of filters called the PRO line of filters which are made of glass. Their new 10 stop filter is now made of glass and from online reviews, are comparable to LEE's big stopper. You might want to call TK and ask about these to see if they have reached our shores.
    Supposedly their new 10 stop filter is 100mmx100mm?

  17. #17

    Default

    I kinda found out that hitech's 10 stop filter has horrible IR magenta cast... And I thought hitech were good enough..

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz
    I kinda found out that hitech's 10 stop filter has horrible IR magenta cast... And I thought hitech were good enough..
    Same for Lee I think. They also have the same issue but I heard every batch have different severity

  19. #19

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    so there's a Square 10 stop ND filter? crikey. i was googling all last night looking for one.

  20. #20
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: 10 stop ND filters

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    so there's a Square 10 stop ND filter? crikey. i was googling all last night looking for one.
    Isn't the Lee Big Stopper a 10-stop square ND filter?
    http://www.2filter.com/Leefilters/Le...perFilter.html
    Exploring! :)

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •