Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Photo taking of government building

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Photo taking of government building

    I went to took the railway tracks at Bt Panjang area. The station master ask me, why dont go further down to took. His "Further down" is mean the station next to MinDef Camp! I told him, not a good idea to take photos over there. If ask to del those is ok but what if format the whole card!!!

    Another incident. I taking photos of IBP during night time. Cause one of the building display nice lights and also, got a nice art piece over there. I sitting on the ROAD, out come 1 security. I told him, I taking photos, he is ok with it. Another came out of no where, says I couldn't take. I reply him, i in public area, why can't take? His reply, wait I publish in magazine, his boss scold him. Free publish, still got scold? Lame excuse.

    Sg is full of building. We got nothing left to take, if still restrict us, dont allow camera to be sale or use at all is the best choice, haha! POV, some security might have this "jealous" feeling. Imagine you holding a DSLR and they might not able to afford a mobile with camera. Sure they try to use their "power" to stop you from taking photos lor. 101 reason to fight abt when taking photos, really sad....
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  2. #22

    Default Re: Photo taking of government building

    It's even worse in the UAE. They confiscate your camera or cellphone on the spot. And they go through and delete whatever they deemed inappropriate before you go for an interview to get it back. During government events official photographers are not spared as well.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Photo taking of government building

    Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    It's even worse in the UAE. They confiscate your camera or cellphone on the spot. And they go through and delete whatever they deemed inappropriate before you go for an interview to get it back. During government events official photographers are not spared as well.
    yeah. they are really sensitive over in the middle east.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Photo taking of government building

    There's nothing wrong with photographing government buildings unless they are protected installations like police stations (!!!), military bases, airbases and airports.

  5. #25
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Photo taking of government building

    Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    There's nothing wrong with photographing government buildings unless they are protected installations like police stations (!!!), military bases, airbases and airports.
    For those who have access to the Government e-Gazette, one particular matter that I had notice when cross referencing coordinates provided in any of the Protected Areas and Places order on Google Earth is that in numerous cases the land lots that was gazetted as such often include public accessible pedestrian pavements and roads passing through rather than the actual building itself.

    So when you think that you are in a public area, it could really just be a public accessible area instead. I have a feeling that this also apply for private properties such as shopping centres when the immediate public accessible areas outside including pedestrian pavements and roads actually comes under their ownership in which their security personnels have direct "jurisdiction" over?

    Not an expert in this field, just sharing my 2 cents worth for discussion sake.


    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 21st June 2011 at 12:20 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Photo taking of government building

    Will you dares to reply like that?

    Security : No taking of the building.
    You : I not taking photos of the building. I taking photos of the sky, if your building BLOCKING my view only!
    Security : ....

    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM
    Will you dares to reply like that?

    Security : No taking of the building.
    You : I not taking photos of the building. I taking photos of the sky, if your building BLOCKING my view only!
    Security : ....

    LOL security guard nvm one la . Police den need to be more respectful

  8. #28

    Default Re: Photo taking of government building

    i just took pictures of parliament while the guard watched me. doing long exposures for like 15 minutes?

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    i just took pictures of parliament while the guard watched me. doing long exposures for like 15 minutes?
    Lol whayywa need 15 minutes ? Midnight ?

  10. #30

    Default Re: Photo taking of government building

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    For those who have access to the Government e-Gazette, one particular matter that I had notice when cross referencing coordinates provided in any of the Protected Areas and Places order on Google Earth is that in numerous cases the land lots that was gazetted as such often include public accessible pedestrian pavements and roads passing through rather than the actual building itself.

    So when you think that you are in a public area, it could really just be a public accessible area instead. I have a feeling that this also apply for private properties such as shopping centres when the immediate public accessible areas outside including pedestrian pavements and roads actually comes under their ownership in which their security personnels have direct "jurisdiction" over?

    Not an expert in this field, just sharing my 2 cents worth for discussion sake.
    the walkway outside the building belongs to the owner, gahmen or otherwise, but the padestrian paths and the roads belongs to MND and LTA. The security guards do have jurisdiction over, say the just outside Paragon, but they cannot contradict the law. (means they cannot allow you to smoke in front of the door)

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Will you dares to reply like that?

    Security : No taking of the building.
    You : I not taking photos of the building. I taking photos of the sky, if your building BLOCKING my view only!
    Security : ....

    hahaha.. security guards shld be ok la.. they cant do anything to you. worse come to worse you run lor, they cant catch you one.. cuz they are usually old and/or fat..

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i just took pictures of parliament while the guard watched me. doing long exposures for like 15 minutes?
    Quote Originally Posted by AkemiOgre View Post
    Lol whayywa need 15 minutes ? Midnight ?
    he was trying to bio some super chio ang moh tourist la.. nevermind that his photo later became over-exposed..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    2,036

    Default Re: Photo taking of government building

    I know near KK hospital there is police office and everywhere it is written cannot take picture. Or you can do what i did

    5D3|35L|50f1.8II|580EXII

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •