View Poll Results: are singaporeans sick?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! but i'm a fan of william

4 4.40%
  • YES! william is utterly disgraceful

42 46.15%
  • no...I'm a diehard fan of william

2 2.20%
  • no...i'm neutral

43 47.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: are singaporeans sick? ---- what do u think?

pls Stop singing WH . it sounds ********. dont understand why he got the guts to do it? or is he just too dumb to know.......... Stop disgracing yrself.........
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    pls Stop singing WH . it sounds ********. dont understand why he got the guts to do it? or is he just too dumb to know.......... Stop disgracing yrself.........
    You don't understand what this is all about. Its not about his singing to begin with. Its an alternative to main stream entertainment. Believe it or not, nowadays people like to see others making a fool of themselves on T.V. Look at the amount of reality T.V., that's where the audiences are. So is the money.

You think he don't know he sucks in singing? You think those who market him didn't know that already? Of course they know and they are milking every cent out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    You don't understand what this is all about. Its not about his singing to begin with. Its an alternative to main stream entertainment. Believe it or not, nowadays people like to see others making a fool of themselves on T.V. Look at the amount of reality T.V., that's where the audiences are. So is the money.

You think he don't know he sucks in singing? You think those who market him didn't know that already? Of course they know and they are milking every cent out of this.
    ha ha ... i quess you like what he does! humans like to make fun of each other.... i know. but i think tis is too much....

If i have a brother who thinks that he can make quick money like tis,
    I THROW HIM OUT OF THE HOUSE.. and i mean it...

Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

ha ha ... i quess you like what he does! humans like to make fun of each other.... i know. but i think tis is too much....

If i have a brother who thinks that he can make quick money like tis,
    I THROW HIM OUT OF THE HOUSE.. and i mean it...

What he does is not of any interest to me but I'd like to see things in perspective and not condemn it in all. There's a market for what he does so he does it. Its that simple. If you don't like it, just ignore it. Equally simple. Sometimes we tend to judge others with our own set of standards. Very often, that results in biased and even skewed perspectives. I guess that's human too......

william hung makes big $$ HIS way. nothing wrong with that, he din't rob nor steal. the $$ offers keep pouring in and all he has to do is to be HIMSELF.

he's milking it all in pretty well, all the $$ from the advertisers and the media people..

are u making as much $$ out of being a 'serious and solid' employer/employee?

needless to say, he's having the last laugh and the joke's on us all.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    What he does is not of any interest to me but I'd like to see things in perspective and not condemn it in all. There's a market for what he does so he does it. Its that simple. If you don't like it, just ignore it. Equally simple. Sometimes we tend to judge others with our own set of standards. Very often, that results in biased and even skewed perspectives. I guess that's human too......
    okie okie , no hard feelings , not to make you mad anyway............humans have diff. views of what we do anyway....

but i still kick him out of my house if hes my brother.. ha ha

Looking at all the threads, here's something you ppl won't believe...
    I have a friend who thinks William Hung's singing is great! Bought the CD and stuff.
    There is most definitely a market for him as he's the first lousy performer ever to make big bucks. In fact, he's the only lousy performer to have ever made big bucks or IMO to ever make big bucks in the future. Thats what makes him so unique. Got to at least accord him some respect for being the most thick-skinned person that ever existed.
    Actually come to think of it, there were professionals called jesters that made a fool of themselves as part of their job in the middle ages. Highly in demand.

Anyway, just to check. Given a million dollars, who would make a fool of himself in front of the entire world?
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

I don't agree that EVERYONE in Singapore is a diehard fan of William Hung. My mother simply finds him revolting.

I don't dislike him (he hasn't done anything to me), neither do I like him nor his singing "talent". He's just an opportunist and he happened to be there at the right time.

dont take things so seriously dude...
    the reaction of his supporters here in singapore is considered tame compared to what his american fans are doing....
    beautiful women want to be his wife, some want to have his baby... others want to be involved with anything he does, etc.
    relax lah, there are certainly worse entertainers in the industry but none had his courage and humility.
    web | blog | fb | ig

in the shadow of the tallest hill in S'pore!

I think the reason there seems to be this backlash is that our friend William Hung was able to make 1000s of $$ by doing nothing.

I mean, let think about it this way, if this guy was just a joker in the media, playing up the so called chinese stereotypes of being a slit eyed, awkward person who speaks funny, no one would bat an eyelid! Let's face it people, the foreign media (or at least sections of the US Film making industry) look at chinese as either gangsters or coolies or an old mystic shifu or some superhero's hapless sidekick.

The reason we are so peeved is that WH is earning the moola...and we're not.

Having said that though, I do think its sad that he is willing to be laughed at and made a fool of for a few extra digits in his bank account. My pride definitely wouldnt be worth a few extra thousands of dollars.

Just my not fully objective 2 cents worth.

okie okie , no hard feelings , not to make you mad anyway............humans have diff. views of what we do anyway....

but i still kick him out of my house if hes my brother.. ha ha

Hehe, if william is your brother, and knowing the amount of moola he'll bring home, I don't think you'll kick him out of the house. Even if you do, I doubt he'll mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned

Anyway, just to check. Given a million dollars, who would make a fool of himself in front of the entire world?

To be frank, I won't mind to be a fool in front of the entire world for just half a million, even if it's just SGD.

This can only happen in America. The agency is using him to earn big bucks. He may not be able to sing but in every country he goes to he will have his fans. That is money to the sponsors, agent etc. These are the real blood suckers using him to make money. The sad thing is that he is being laugh at.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix
    I admire that he said something like "I already gave it my best, I have no regrets"
    i would agree with that, one has to admire the courage of this little underdog to give it all that he has got at his "one shot at fame"

but he has ended up on the wrong end of the scale of pop idol to pop joke. but he seems to be enjoying himself. dude is a from berkley, so he ain't stupid, he's probably making more cash in a week than most of us do in a year!!

america... the land of opportunity!!!

the dude has put on like 10kg!!! dude... celebrity life too good man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carllim
    Wat he didn't realized is that everyone is laughing at him and not with him. Sigh...
    And guess who's the one laughing all the way to the bank?

Anyway, I'm no fan of William Hung and won't spent my hard-earned money on his CD or whatever he has to offer..

Quote Originally Posted by devilicboy
    practically everyone in singapore loves william hung...and there are even ppl who claims that he's their idol. in other countries, ppl are labelling william as a disgrace to the performing world, and yet singaporeans are "worshipping" william, and even paying to watch him perform in concert...what do you guys think? are we singaporeans ______? (<== can't find the correct phrase)

PS: no harm meant in this thread...
    are you jealous?? he is not only popular in Singapore, he is popular every where, not only USA, but also Korea.

yes, you are jealous. Get over it.
    Objection !!!

Guess everyone has his say...either you like him or hate him. He (William Hung) is an entertainer coming at at the right time having the right opportunity and best of all earning big bucks for something no one ever though of. It proves the point that in anything we do, as long as there is a right opportunity, it will mean something.

Its just a matter of time people accept him. Just like Jack Neo when he was Liang Po Po then or Liang Si Mei, but does he earn like WH? No. But he is also being laugh at and we (well maybe not all) respected him in some ways for his talent.

Just like in the Buy and Sell Forum....Willing Seller...Willing Buyer. In this case... Willing Entertainer...Willing Audience

So I guess calling another fellow Chinese sick(I find him normal for what he does) in public makes you, erm, not sick?

Quote Originally Posted by devilicboy
    practically everyone in singapore loves william hung...and there are even ppl who claims that he's their idol. in other countries, ppl are labelling william as a disgrace to the performing world, and yet singaporeans are "worshipping" william, and even paying to watch him perform in concert...what do you guys think? are we singaporeans ______? (<== can't find the correct phrase)

PS: no harm meant in this thread...

i think you are sick. what make you generalise Singaporean. Where did you get your statistic?

Default hmmm ...

well, there should not be such a tread on hung the person, the more we discuss abt him, the more credits/or not we are granting him, to each his own... just concentrate on photography ... but enough said to this tread, i WILL NOT waste my effort on him and his issues ... Let's get back to photography ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12