View Poll Results: are singaporeans sick?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! but i'm a fan of william

4 4.40%
  • YES! william is utterly disgraceful

42 46.15%
  • no...I'm a diehard fan of william

2 2.20%
  • no...i'm neutral

43 47.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are singaporeans sick? ---- what do u think?

Default are singaporeans sick? ---- what do u think?

practically everyone in singapore loves william hung...and there are even ppl who claims that he's their idol. in other countries, ppl are labelling william as a disgrace to the performing world, and yet singaporeans are "worshipping" william, and even paying to watch him perform in concert...what do you guys think? are we singaporeans ______? (<== can't find the correct phrase)

PS: no harm meant in this thread...
    Last edited by devilicboy; 11th September 2004 at 01:07 AM.

Tomorrow(Saturday), 2pm, IMM.
    Hell be there... Will u b there?

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Tomorrow(Saturday), 2pm, IMM.
    Hell be there... Will u b there?
    no way dude...i wun even let my kids talk about him...

He (Hung) is just lucky.

erm.. he is a disgrace to all chinese, to all singers and to the music industry.. and definately a disgrace to hong kong...

grrrrrrrrrrrr......

Wat he didn't realized is that everyone is laughing at him and not with him. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by devilicboy
    practically everyone in singapore loves william hung...and there are even ppl who claims that he's their idol. in other countries, ppl are labelling william as a disgrace to the performing world, and yet singaporeans are "worshipping" william, and even paying to watch him perform in concert...what do you guys think? are we singaporeans ______? (<== can't find the correct phrase)

PS: no harm meant in this thread...
    Let me ask you.......

What % of the entire population worship him?
    What % of the entire population met him at the airport?
    What % of the entire population will be attending his concert?

Can you guarantee that "practically everyone in singapore loves william hung"?

and really..... you want to know why he's so great to some people? He is willing to be the laughing stock. Takes a lot of courage. Simple as that.

i dont think Singaporeans are "sick".

i think most of us regards him as a joke. i do. he's like pure entertainment for me. maybe people buy the tickets to watch his concert, not for the songs, but for the entertainment value. he is funny when he sings. singing is horrible, but that's another issue.

=) you might be surprised. pple pay to watch him to tickle their own funny bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    and really..... you want to know why he's so great to some people? He is willing to be the laughing stock. Takes a lot of courage. Simple as that.
    yup.

i agree. no one in the media/singing industry is willing to let people make them a laughing stock.

but i feel that W.H is overrated liao.. haha. there's only so much funny things about him.

His reaction after being ejected from American Idol touched many - he's everybody's favourite underdog. Though I think he's a joke I admire his courage

Enjoy http://www.madblast.com/view.cfm?typ...h&display=2969

Quote Originally Posted by simplicity_
    i dont think Singaporeans are "sick".

i think most of us regards him as a joke. i do. he's like pure entertainment for me. maybe people buy the tickets to watch his concert, not for the songs, but for the entertainment value. he is funny when he sings. singing is horrible, but that's another issue.

=) you might be surprised. pple pay to watch him to tickle their own funny bone.
    Right, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    Let me ask you.......

What % of the entire population worship him?
    What % of the entire population met him at the airport?
    What % of the entire population will be attending his concert?

Can you guarantee that "practically everyone in singapore loves william hung"?

Right, certain % does not represent the entire pupulation. I don't think it is sick to watch his concert too. As simplicity says it is for entertainment value but not for song. I think most ppl who goes to his concert likes his entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by yulee
    His reaction after being ejected from American Idol touched many - he's everybody's favourite underdog. Though I think he's a joke I admire his courage

Enjoy http://www.madblast.com/view.cfm?typ...h&display=2969
    I agree. Although I am not a fan of William's I admire that he said something like "I already gave it my best, I have no regrets". After all can we say that the "Stars" we watch everyday are really that good, or are we all watching them because they happen to be on show??

No coments........................................... .........

To me,every tv program need to have something "special" and he is the "one".
    It may be publicity,so that people will talk or think about AI ahen they see him.

Thumbs down

He is disgusting!

he bangs he bangs

Thumbs down Simply a Disgrace !!!

I feel that he is a disgrace to all Chinese.

The Ang-mos are laughing at him and making a big joke out of him, and yet he is enjoying it. Of course, people might say that he is the one laughing all the way to the bank, and for that, I despise him more.

There are other ways to make money......

i dun really follow what william hung does, but from what i see, he's done nothing to render words like "disgusting" and "disgraceful". does he have a bad character (snobbish, rude, lazy, etc etc)? i'm not sure, but i dun think so. just feel that it is his freedom to do whatever he likes. same as many, my first impression of him was that he is a joke and is a disgrace to chinese, but after some thought, i felt that this has nothing to do with what race he is. just like terrorism shouldn't be related to a particular religion.

william hung looks sillily cute, just like anybody with a pleasant personality who could be your friend. i really won't mind being friends who look silly, sing badly, and continues to be proud of it. i guess this thread was started because of the hype surrounding him? i dun understand why the hype too, but i can't be bothered. he isn't interesting enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast