Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movie Theatres

Default Re: Movie Theatres

9V-Orion Images, I like your illustrator, very true
    Occasionally, I may watch a movie in cinema, at least maybe cost S$40+
    If 3D even more.

But most of the time, I bought BD from amazon, some movie got pretty good offer, even below U$10.
    What I like from BD, got many of special features, such as extended version, the making, etc...

ya. i can't belief the price of the food they selling. yet we still buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    i remember last time can bring in whatever **** we want. macs la what la. lol
    The 'cheese' on the nacho is like melted plastic and the the nacho really CMI. I rather they just sell me a more expensive pack of Doritos.
    Hot Dog and stuff also the same, don't know where they get all this junk from, really really poor tasting.
    Just pure greed to try and squeeze out every cent from the consumer when they are in the venue.

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Occasionally, I may watch a movie in cinema, at least maybe cost S$40+
    You watch at Cathay Platinum Suites or GV Gold Class?

Not gold class, but normally watch with my wife and my 2 daughters

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    seriously tho, watching movie in singapore is cheap liou.
    would have to disagree, currently in msia for a month and movie tickets here are dirt cheap, half the price of tickets in Singapore :O paid rm9-rm11 (SGD4-SGD6) for a few movies recently! cinema hall size and screening quality was just as good as that you'd find in GV or Cathay
    canon fan boy ;D

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    The 'cheese' on the nacho is like melted plastic and the the nacho really CMI. I rather they just sell me a more expensive pack of Doritos.
    Hot Dog and stuff also the same, don't know where they get all this junk from, really really poor tasting.
    Just pure greed to try and squeeze out every cent from the consumer when they are in the venue.
    Agreed, a bottle of Heaven & Earth green tea would cost 3bucks++ whereas local NTUC's nearby offer bottles at 1buck each I'd usually sneak in a pack of lays and prob a few drinks with my friends when I'd go to the cinema, can say that it seems more worth it than crappy nachos and hotel-mini-bar-priced snacks frm the counter hahaha
    canon fan boy ;D

SAF 8th core value, do anything but don't get caught.

I had seen a couple taking out entire set of KFC meal out from their bag and filling the cinema with the smell of crispy chicken and mashed potato.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 15th June 2011 at 08:22 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    ive stopped eating the nachos for very very very long.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    ive stopped eating the nachos for very very very long.
    Same here.

At least there're still hollywood movies to watch in SG.
    If you see the situation in Indonesia, no Hollywood movie now coz of argument about the newly implemented import tax from government. If the import tax need to be paid by consumer, the price for a single ticket will be around SGD150..... now that's what I call expensive

on a side note... i learnt from a singapore film module i took a few sems ago... that singapore has one of the highest per capita movie-goers in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateking123 View Post
    would have to disagree, currently in msia for a month and movie tickets here are dirt cheap, half the price of tickets in Singapore :O paid rm9-rm11 (SGD4-SGD6) for a few movies recently! cinema hall size and screening quality was just as good as that you'd find in GV or Cathay
    With the risk of getting confinement for 48 hrs for nothing, or getting caught in super long queues at the Malaysian customs .. :P

I still prefer going to the cinema if I have the time... I don't have a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system at home, nor any bluray player. While downloading is possible... you just don't get the same effect when watching the movie on the big screen. Beside... I consider going to the cinema as a treat... paying the $7.50 for a 'normal' show, and $10-12 for a 3D movie is not a problem. But I'll admit that I watch movies on weekdays only...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    With the risk of getting confinement for 48 hrs for nothing, or getting caught in super long queues at the Malaysian customs .. :P
    Can do squats and get bites from bugs... Part of the movie experience.

I think the prices are alright lah (Just avoid the rip-off nachos/soft drinks/...). A couple of months ago I went for the Edward Yang retrospective at National Museum... that was $7 per ticket, which is reasonable imo. If we consider S'pore a "first world" country, then our prices are cheaper than other first world countries

Like others said, watch out for promotions and pay what you're comfortable with

Going to the movies together is also a social thing. It's definitely different from watching at home. Maybe there's also nostalgia involved... remember the thrill when we were still kids and Mommy and Daddy brought us to the cinema? Perhaps one day cinema theatres will die or cater only to a small niche (just like what's happening to 35mm film in the face of digital)...

Hahaha won't argue lol but I'm spending my time at the East part of Malaysia across d ocean lol no super long customs queues to worry about haha
    canon fan boy ;D

Yesterday, passing by Vivo GV, the queue at ticket counter super long, perhaps first day of green lantern

That's not the worst that could happen, imagine being robbed in the cinema.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12