Thread: wad does PA means?

Default wad does PA means?

HMm...how many of u uses PA when u do model shoots?so wad is the job scope of having a PA ard?

refer to this thread..

Photographer's Assistant
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

PA? hee hee .. next time u need assistant , pay me n i will help you...ha ha..
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Same here.
    Cheap labourer for hire
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Quote Originally Posted by asheley
    so wad is the job scope of having a PA ard?
    No asheley, this is the Oxford definition of wad.

wad
    noun
    1 a thick pile of pieces of paper, paper money, etc. folded or rolled together: He pulled a thick wad of 10 notes out of his pocket. (BrE, slang) They had a wad / wads of money (= a large amount). She came in with tears streaming down her face, clutching a wad of tissues.
    2 a mass of soft material, used for blocking sth or keeping sth in place: The nurse used a wad of cotton wool to stop the bleeding.
    verb (-dd-) [vn]
    1 ~ sth (up) (especially AmE) to fold or press sth into a tight wad
    2 to fill sth with soft material for warmth or protection

[Malaysian]
    But okeh lah, if u go bai ur own dictionary, den "wad" maybe meaning "the job scope of having a PA ard" loh... [/Malaysian]

But just don't expect your girl to respect you in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Henshin

wad
    noun
    1 a thick pile of pieces of paper, paper money, etc. folded or rolled together: He pulled a thick wad of 10 notes out of his pocket. (BrE, slang) They had a wad / wads of money (= a large amount). She came in with tears streaming down her face, clutching a wad of tissues.
    2 a mass of soft material, used for blocking sth or keeping sth in place: The nurse used a wad of cotton wool to stop the bleeding.
    verb (-dd-) [vn]

[Malaysian]
    But okeh lah, if u go bai ur own dictionary, den "wad" maybe meaning "the job scope of having a PA ard" loh... [/Malaysian]

HUH?

I think, dear Henshin... In her own short form, 'wad' replaces the word 'what'.
    So, you're totally outta point here.

Anyway Asheley, I think a PA is supposed to help hold the reflectors, any slave flash the photographer may have or help pose the model... Blah blah... In other words, it's a person helping the photographer as another pair of hands.
    PA = Photographer's Assistant.

Did I answer the question?

you are one boring fella

Quote Originally Posted by Henshin

wad
    noun
    verb (-dd-) [vn]

[Malaysian]

The wonders of bad English...or should I say sloppy writing...
    Being a PA is no fun job, but you get to learn a lot if your employer is a good photographer.

Default i wanna try..

hey!! i wanna be PA!!! price dont really matter.. just for experience..i wanna learn from the pros !! know who i can approach??

Quote Originally Posted by porshee
    hey!! i wanna be PA!!! price dont really matter.. just for experience..i wanna learn from the pros !! know who i can approach??
    TRY not to work for free. As exploitation by the employer is not healthy. No matter how bad it is, you should be paid accordingly. No matter how bad your PA skills maybe, employers must still pay you as a token of appreciation. Even it is only a couple of hours labour.

Whether it is a pro photographer or nor we hire part timers and pay them, even they made a blunder on some shoots but they still learn something from there.

Then again this is between the employer and the employee agreement.