Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help on digi cabi .

Default Re: Need help on digi cabi .

Quote Originally Posted by nikerocks View Post
    Ok,so i set it to the 11 oclock position at geen zone right?
    It changes between units. The setting I have is different between the 36L I had and my current 50L although they were/are both set at same RH.
    The best thing is to watch the green light. It increases in brightness as you decrease RH.
    Set it around 12. See what RH you get. Then you can change based on what you get.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

No wonder my rh din go down..i point it to green zone but my green light was nearly off alredy..

Quote Originally Posted by nikerocks View Post
    No wonder my rh din go down..i point it to green zone but my green light was nearly off alredy..
    If you use aircon then the RH will also fluctuate further. Once the RH has settled without aircon then just leave it as it is. No need for further adjustments even if you use aircon. You might only notice how unhealthily dry the aircon air is ..
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    If you use aircon then the RH will also fluctuate further. Once the RH has settled without aircon then just leave it as it is. No need for further adjustments even if you use aircon. You might only notice how unhealthily dry the aircon air is ..
    The aircon at my 30+ yr old condo only reduces the RH from about 85% to about 60%.
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by fmeeran View Post
    The aircon at my 30+ yr old condo only reduces the RH from about 85% to about 60%.
    Congrats to a healthy place you have there But don't shout too loud, The Upgraders are everywhere
    EOS

Congrats to a healthy place you have there But don't shout too loud, The Upgraders are everywhere
    The vultures are already circling the place. I see notices for group sale so the land can be redeveloped. Guess I have to start looking for another place soon.
    My Flickr

Hello,

hope the TS does not mind me riding on this thread regarding dry cabinets. Is it necessary to turn on the power of the cabinet even after the temperature has stabilized? My concern with getting a dry cabinet is that it piles onto the electrical bill..

Quote Originally Posted by Daemarius View Post
    hope the TS does not mind me riding on this thread regarding dry cabinets. Is it necessary to turn on the power of the cabinet even after the temperature has stabilized? My concern with getting a dry cabinet is that it piles onto the electrical bill..
    1) A dry cabinet does not change temperature, but Relative Humidity inside. Did you accidentally bought a wine cooler?
    2) The power consumption of even the bigger dry cabinets (100l and more) is rated as 8W, small ones have 5W rating. take your last bill and do some maths. My bet: if you switch off the air con for one night the impact on your utility bill is bigger then running the dry cabinet 24/7. Dry cabinets are supposed to run this way. They are not airtight, if you switch it off the humidity will increase slowly.
    Last edited by Octarine; 19th June 2011 at 01:15 PM.
    EOS

Do dry cabs give off a lot of heat at the back of the unit?

Quote Originally Posted by jamboree View Post
    At least mine dont
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

bought mine .. and was setting it to the left..the green side.. n RH always stuck between 70-75%... so i turn it to the middle..blue area its about 60% now.. still checking if it goes down more if not ill have to turn it more to the right.. the (blue-red side)
    does all digi cabi work this way?

Quote Originally Posted by jamboree View Post
    What kind of heat do you expect from a power consumption of 5 Watt? The heat is about 1/3 of a candle burning in your room.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    bought mine .. and was setting it to the left..the green side.. n RH always stuck between 70-75%... so i turn it to the middle..blue area its about 60% now.. still checking if it goes down more if not ill have to turn it more to the right.. the (blue-red side)
    does all digi cabi work this way?
    Yes, the analog series works this way. Just continue till it stabilizes around 45%. There will always be fluctuations,e specially when you open the door. It will settle after some time again. There is no need to get itchy about this. Camera don't need 'shock drying' at target RH.
    EOS

Yes, the analog series works this way. Just continue till it stabilizes around 45%. There will always be fluctuations,e specially when you open the door. It will settle after some time again. There is no need to get itchy about this. Camera don't need 'shock drying' at target RH.
    yup mine is DB series.. i understand it will fluctuate once i open the door..right now i have not.. becos it hasnt goes to 40-55% yet. still waiting. its only 6hrs old. lol.

yup mine is DB series.. i understand it will fluctuate once i open the door..right now i have not.. becos it hasnt goes to 40-55% yet. still waiting. its only 6hrs old. lol.
    Turn the knob further to red. An empty cabinet should reach the target within a few hours, after 1h the inside RH is visibly lower than before already.
    EOS

Don't worry too much. Just leave it for the night and see how it goes. If it don't hit the tgt humidity by morning, tweak again. Leave it alone and check it after work/school (repeat cycle till tgt humidity is reached).

The cam/lens won't get fungus that soon.....unless you put ur cam in wet.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

i can go your house teach you if you have a 10 year old at home i can play with after.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

i dont wanna turn too much to the (red side) becos im afraid the RH value might go too low.. ill check again once im awake.. if not then ill turn it nearer to the red area.

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    i can go your house teach you if you have a 10 year old at home i can play with after.
    I thought 10 year olds didn't want to be played with? Aren't they at the pre-teen "I'm ashamed of the adults" stage?
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by fmeeran View Post
    I thought 10 year olds didn't want to be played with? Aren't they at the pre-teen "I'm ashamed of the adults" stage?
    not with big sis bonnie they're not.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast