Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: s.korea is out !

Taipei, Taiwan/ Los Angeles, California. U.S.A.

Originally posted by kylelam77
    well, not solely the referees. Sure the referee helped by making those horrendous mistakes but the koreans arent THAT bad either.
    Well, the out-of-bounds call that came a second before a Spanish goal would have won Spain the game, wouldn't it? The Korean team winning that one was "soley the referee".

Taipei, Taiwan/ Los Angeles, California. U.S.A.

Originally posted by Falcon

I don't think it is fair to blame it on the referees. It has caused the future referees to be more biased as they will try to turn against the host so as to get themselves out of trouble.
    No, it didn't. After the questionable calls in the vs. Italy game and the quick contreversy that followed, calls were still Korea-favored in the vs. Spain game, leading to claims about promises that Korea would get into the semis. Hard to belive? Not really, when money and political favors/exchanges are involved.

When a ref call specifically prevents a goal that would have won a game...yea, it's fair to blame it on the ref.

BTW, was it just me or did the Korean team play especially rough today...a lot of arm and jersey grabs?

Originally posted by OpenLens

BTW, was it just me or did the Korean team play especially rough today...a lot of arm and jersey grabs?

i guess it's their tactics. They had to do that to stop the bigger and stronger germans.

Originally posted by ninelives
    the korean can play untill this day was because of referee misjudge . Fifa already apology. today, we saw a new referee, the past referees were suspanded.
    Got a URL for this official FIFA statement? I can't find any references to anything being stated officially by FIFA on the matter.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

I wish people would stop bellyaching about what might have been the results in various world cup matches.

The fact is that the general standard of the referees has been pretty awful, in particular the so called 'assistant referees'.

I can't think of a single team that didn't have at least one suspect call made against them. However FIFA will be forced to address the matter during the next few months and no doubt the technical commitee will find a solution such as a video referee/umpire as used in the other major international sports such as Rugby and Cricket.

As for Corea's performance last night, they looked tired and were outclassed by Germany who had a distinct height advantage and were more disciplined as a whole. This doesn't detract from Corea as a team, they have played superb football the whole tournament and deserved to get as far as they got.

What should be remembered is that a lot of the big name teams such as France, Italy, England, Holland, Sweden Argentina etc did not play particularly well and got what they deserved, namely a trip home early. The USA I feel did quite well, they as a team had only set their goal on making the Group round and anything else was a bonus, as was the case with Corea and Japan.

Roll on Euro 2004 and the WC in 2006.
    Last edited by Ian; 26th June 2002 at 01:21 AM.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Originally posted by Falcon
    Maybe that applies to camera as well. Expensive branded cameras are always expected to produce better shots.
    seems like you don't understand it. nevermind
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by kylelam77

that's true. if its korea vs turkey, then it would be ultra xian....
    I beg to differ matey!! I just don't agree that just because it's 2 world powerhouses in the final means we will get an exciting one. Remember 1990 World Cup final? The stage was set.... Argentina vs Germany.... everyone was like wow!!! it's gonna be exactly like 1986!! In the end, Germany won 1-0 on a penalty. and the match was like the Singapore semi-pro league we had at that time.

Honestly, I hope Turkey gets to the final. Firstly, the way they lost to Brazil in their opening game was heart-breaking, secondly, I would like to see an underdog in the final at least.

Head says Brazil, heart says Turkey. Will follow me heart.

Originally posted by NitroTech

Head says Brazil, heart says Turkey. Will follow me heart.
    what does your pocket say?

Originally posted by Ian

Got a URL for this official FIFA statement? I can't find any references to anything being stated officially by FIFA on the matter.

it was shown on TV news.

Also, the Italia mafia has loss 8 billion, the refefree is in trouble now. better hide or die.

Originally posted by mpenza

what does your pocket say?
    so far this world cup I'm up (BUST the Bookies!! )
    pocket still says Turkey

The sweetest bet so far was playing SingPools, I bet 0 goals for the Spain, Korea match and 0 goals for the Senegal, Turkey match.. Super Sweet!!!

so far this world cup I'm up (BUST the Bookies!! )
    pocket still says Turkey

The sweetest bet so far was playing SingPools, I bet 0 goals for the Spain, Korea match and 0 goals for the Senegal, Turkey match.. Super Sweet!!!
    Wow! That's great!

I'm not so lucky for these matches.... if one of the 4 sides had scored a goal or two, I would've been up significantly.

Originally posted by mpenza

Wow! That's great!

I'm not so lucky for these matches.... if one of the 4 sides had scored a goal or two, I would've been up significantly.
    I also got $500 on Miroslav Klose (practically unheard of before the tournament started) being the top scorer. payout is 1/80. Keeping my fingers crossed that Ronaldo does not score tonight.

I also got $500 on Miroslav Klose (practically unheard of before the tournament started) being the top scorer. payout is 1/80. Keeping my fingers crossed that Ronaldo does not score tonight.
    wah seh! wish you all the best!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12