Thread: Basic operation course for Mac

Default Basic operation course for Mac

Any place offer basic beginner course for mac ?
    i have never use a mac b4 and are considering to get one mainly for image processing and internet surfing,but are totally lost on how to set up the mac and wad type of software they use for image processing (photoshop) ?
    any community centres in singapore offering courses ?

thanks~!

why dont you join us for the mac meetup? it is held every 2nd tuesday of the month. this month it will be at macdonalds at suntec 7pm. new mac users, not yet mac users, etc all welcome

for more info see http://mac.meetup.com/16/

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    i have never use a mac b4 and are considering to get one mainly for image processing and internet surfing,but are totally lost on how to set up the mac and wad type of software they use for image processing (photoshop) ?

thanks~!
    no need actually, just open your computer, and you are ready to use.

we use photoshop CS, come i got you a short course and you give me a discount on film scanning!

hahaaha..

no problem!
    i'm actually eyeing the ibook G4 800mhz only $1788,does it comes with all the softwares?how much is the photoshop CS ?
    thanks~

ps cs is around $1200. if you are a student, the academic version is around $300+.

hahaaha..

no problem!
    i'm actually eyeing the ibook G4 800mhz only $1788,does it comes with all the softwares?how much is the photoshop CS ?
    thanks~
    the ibooks are now 1ghz, are you looking at some old models? PM for more info on mac.

actually i'm dying to go down your shop, lots of films made my T3 and most yet to be scan.

in addition, you could always head on down to http://www.macuser.org.sg to check the forum out.

asking qns on the forum is equivalent to attending a community course, as answers come fast and furious.

there is an upcoming meeting this 22nd sept at MI@funan. showcasing the new imac and a photography talk too!

just got the 12" ibook hehehe..

Looks really good to me,can't resist the temptation after toying with a few mac at funan..

Its really easy to use... Just switched to OS X from Windows myself and was a little lost initially but everything is pretty simple to pick up.
    Worse comes to worst, the 'help' is one of the best i've ever seen.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

thanks~!
    Haha... if mac is advertised as so easy to use, then I dun think u'll need any lesson...

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Haha... if mac is advertised as so easy to use, then I dun think u'll need any lesson...
    If you sit with a Mac for a couple of hours, you should be able to pick up most of the OS without any formal lessons. If you want to do more complicated stuff, then it's a different story.

Regards
    CK

hehehe..
    just managed to linked my pc wirelessly to the router all by myself,all the while other pp do all the IT stuff for me.
    can't wait to link my ibook airport extreme card to the router,have to wait for it to charge..i played ard with a few mac today,suprisingly user friendly,just not used to the single click on the mouse only,other than that should be fine. Cheers~!