Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Canon A80!

Quote Originally Posted by latmo
    may be some setting wrong
    can try with full auto mode ? cos i guess with full auto mode you cant adjust any setting ... quite a good mode to test for error
    if still like this ... then go to canon and repair it
    Hi yes, in full auto mode it gives the same kind of effect... Any other A80 user is experiencing the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by pool100
    Hi yes, in full auto mode it gives the same kind of effect... Any other A80 user is experiencing the same thing?
    nope
    bring it to canon

Not sure if this will help but there is a web site on the A80 and the part that is interesting is that it shows you how you can turn your A80 into a point and shoot camera. Here's the link:
    http://albert.achtung.com/cameras/A80/index7.html

Hope the above will help you in your quest for that perfect shot. If it does, do let us know so that owners of similar cameras can benefit. FYI, I do not own a A80.
    Last edited by RonTheMan; 10th September 2004 at 09:36 AM.

Default DOF and motion blur

Hi , you pics suffer from small DOF and motion burr.You may have used slow falshsynch mode. PS and cameres may use large apertures like F2.8 automatically, so you got to make sure the focus is perfect.Also, the shutter speed is low indoors so you suffer from handshake. suggest you use Tripod for indoors or brace yourself really well. Also crank up the iso. your fuji P&s s may have auto upped the iso, so if you examine carefully you will find much higher noise. The A80 is also capable of that, you just have to understand the trade
    offs.Also understand the basics of photograhy like apertures, shutter speed and DOF. HAppy exploring
    Strange though, I thot P& S cameras havel large DOFS due to the small sensors....

Quote Originally Posted by starry
    ptwong, do u mean own not owe?!

thanks for correction, my ang mo cannot make it

pool100: if can't solve the problem, send it in. Keep us posted on the outcome. All the best.
    300D/5d2/40D/1d3/5D3
    17-40L F4, 28-70L F2.8, 24-105L F4, 50 F1.4, 70-200L F2.8

Quote Originally Posted by ptwong
    thanks for correction, my ang mo cannot make it

pool100: if can't solve the problem, send it in. Keep us posted on the outcome. All the best.

Thanks people for your contributions.

I just sent the camera in for servicing today. The lady at the counter zoomed in on the images from the camera LCD and immediately acknowledged there was something wrong... so I guess it's pretty serious. She said there's defo something wrong with the lens. I'll be getting it back next friday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

This is a relief after hearing so much good reviews about this camera... I thought it was my poor photography skills that's causing the problems... at least now i have something to look forward to!

Thumbs up Hello Pool

I guess your A80 is a new camera ??? I find Canon make great cameras and are a good company to deal with here in Australia.
    If the camera is 1 week old (from purchase) they will simply replace rather than repair it.
    I hope you are treated as well where you are.
    Either way, they will fix the problem well. Take great photos !!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12