Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Encountered 2 cheapskate jokers who make CS look bad. Anyone have stories to share?

  1. #1

    Default Encountered 2 cheapskate jokers who make CS look bad. Anyone have stories to share?

    I had the bad luck to encounter two jokers here from CS when I was trying to sell my Panasonic LX3. This happened to me on two separate occasions. Talk about deja vu.

    Both times, we agreed on a price and meeting place. Inevitably, the buyers would be late. And start texting me questions about the camera (when it's all clearly detailed in the ad).

    Then would come the lowball offer. 'Eh, someone offered me less. Can cheaper?' etc. I've also heard, 'Buying for a fren. She saw it for $250 at Penin'. All this after we agreed on $300.

    Of course, neither of them wants to pick up the phone when I ring. Both even have the cheek to keep offering me less after I walked away (they never turned up).

    I say we have a thread where we name and shame these jokers. Put their handphone numbers and names in a sticky.

    Anyone else have horror stories like these?

    I also blogged about the incident in details for those who want a blow-by-blow.

    http://sometimetraveller.posterous.c...cheapskate-beh

  2. #2

    Default

    Dead horse flogging. There already is an old thread on this issue

  3. #3
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Encountered 2 cheapskate jokers who make CS look bad. Anyone have stories to shar

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Dead horse flogging. There already is an old thread on this issue
    mm. i'll say use common sense? i'm like used to kite flyers, late comers, etc. why am i not surprised?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: Encountered 2 cheapskate jokers who make CS look bad. Anyone have stories to shar

    I do a bit of selling and buying in CS as well, and I must say most of them are ok one lar.. There always a small of no of "jokers" around....

  5. #5

    Default Re: Encountered 2 cheapskate jokers who make CS look bad. Anyone have stories to shar

    just encountered one recently. he said he wanted to buy my lens, we agreed to meet up. then he looked at the lens and said it was only good enough for "parts" and offered me half price for the lens. never mind, i said, i'll just keep the lens lor.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  6. #6

    Default Re: Encountered 2 cheapskate jokers who make CS look bad. Anyone have stories to shar

    There will always be jokers around. Anyway, not just restricted to our country la. Btw the more experienced sellers wud make the buyer go to their place. So u can just stay home and wait for buyers to reach ur place. Tat may if they choose to aeroplane, u wasted no time and money.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: Encountered 2 cheapskate jokers who make CS look bad. Anyone have stories to shar

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    just encountered one recently. he said he wanted to buy my lens, we agreed to meet up. then he looked at the lens and said it was only good enough for "parts" and offered me half price for the lens. never mind, i said, i'll just keep the lens lor.
    haha...like that also can be reasons to bargain for lower price??? quite creative sia....

  8. #8

    Default Re: Encountered 2 cheapskate jokers who make CS look bad. Anyone have stories to shar

    Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11 View Post
    haha...like that also can be reasons to bargain for lower price??? quite creative sia....
    haha....yeah man....win to the max.

    he said he is a lens collector. he has many copies of the same lens, and in this case he said he had already had a "perfect" copy of the lens which he did not want to shoot with, so he wanted to buy a second "cheap but just as good" lens to shoot with. oh well, cheapo photogs like me can only afford to own one copy of each lens. lol.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren

    haha....yeah man....win to the max.

    he said he is a lens collector. he has many copies of the same lens, and in this case he said he had already had a "perfect" copy of the lens which he did not want to shoot with, so he wanted to buy a second "cheap but just as good" lens to shoot with. oh well, cheapo photogs like me can only afford to own one copy of each lens. lol.
    More like a lens part collector :bmilie:

  10. #10

    Default Re: Encountered 2 cheapskate jokers who make CS look bad. Anyone have stories to shar

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    More like a lens part collector :bmilie:
    to each his own, i suppose. if i continue to buy more old cheapo lenses, then i will be a "lens collector" of sorts anyway.
    Last edited by zaren; 10th June 2011 at 03:27 PM.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  11. #11
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Welcome to Singapore.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •