Thread: What is the box-like thing for taking macro shots???

Default What is the box-like thing for taking macro shots???

Hi

Saw on TV someone using an open white box thing to act as the background for taking macro shots of his watches. Does anyone know what's that object called, and where I can get one?

Thanks.

hehehe time to show my 'box' again...

see my sig for the side view... my 'operating theater'

think i should ask eastgear hire me as sales... this 1 is called a light tent, den its sold at eastgear, the website also shows it... eastgear.com
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

thanks del_ctrl for sharing. but that's not quite what i saw. it resembled something like a white plastic tupperware leaning sideways, with its open end facing the camera... seen something like tht b4?

something like this??? i saw this on sale at CP peninsula, at the one selling tripods.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryblue
    thanks del_ctrl for sharing. but that's not quite what i saw. it resembled something like a white plastic tupperware leaning sideways, with its open end facing the camera... seen something like tht b4?
    It's the same thing .... it is used to cut down reflection on reflective object

hmm...that's probably it. is it also called a light tent? a mini one maybe? thx.

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryblue
    hmm...that's probably it. is it also called a light tent? a mini one maybe? thx.
    tis is called a cocoon... its a smaller version of a light tent... you can go to CP & take a look, its just at the counter area the last time i went...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt

something like this??? i saw this on sale at CP peninsula, at the one selling tripods.
    That's the Bowens light tent... There's a kit about $1000ish with two lights with light stands...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    That's the Bowens light tent... There's a kit about $1000ish with two lights with light stands...
    tis is the sell-it-on-the-net 1 lah, eastgear brought in the light tent from sell-it-on-the-net too... anyway all about the same, as long as the effect is there, who cares wat brand is it?

not sure which 1 did CP brought in, but i think all uses the same OEM one, just branded themselves...