Thread: Recommendation for new Lens

Default Recommendation for new Lens

Hey guys!

It has been about 2 months of using my entry-level Nikon D3000. Recently, something bad happened to my kit lens(the usual 18-55). Some sand had entered causing the zoom to malfunction and the front part of the lens to be very lose.

I can't go for a replacement as my warranty does not cover this. My friends told me to buy a 2nd hand 18-55 lens to replace the first one. But I figured it would be better if I buy a new and different one. I have actually been eyeing for new lenses particularly the 18-105 lens. I enjoy shooting landscapes, sceneries and maybe abit of little things like flowers, etc.

As I'm pretty new with all these lens thing, can anyone recommend me a good and cheap lens suitable for my camera?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Recommendation for new Lens

Quote Originally Posted by EMQhamz View Post
    Hey guys!

It has been about 2 months of using my entry-level Nikon D3000. Recently, something bad happened to my kit lens(the usual 18-55). Some sand had entered causing the zoom to malfunction and the front part of the lens to be very lose.

I can't go for a replacement as my warranty does not cover this. My friends told me to buy a 2nd hand 18-55 lens to replace the first one. But I figured it would be better if I buy a new and different one. I have actually been eyeing for new lenses particularly the 18-105 lens. I enjoy shooting landscapes, sceneries and maybe abit of little things like flowers, etc.

As I'm pretty new with all these lens thing, can anyone recommend me a good and cheap lens suitable for my camera?

Thanks in advance!
    Other than replacement you can actually send it for cleaning, have you considered that?

Ill totally consider it! Do you know which places that provide this services?

Nikon Service centre, camera hospital, Fatigue, etc etc...
    Alpha

Yup, what Rashkae said + P&G

Blog Entries

yay! 1 more d3k user! welcome to cs! haha

i think u should send it for cleaning too, no point buying another 18-55 and i would rather u send it for cleaning and let say if the price is over 130, would suggest u get a used copy at bns, which is around 130 and u can get it already.

hmm as for 18-105 and 18-55 hmm for me the other 50mm i can just use my leg to zoom =x but its up to u ah =D

HAVE FUN SHOOTING!!!
    Lousy de My Flickr

Blog Entries

Omg i saw your profile!!!! D3000 is not the worse dslr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by luckyorange; 9th June 2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    yay! 1 more d3k user! welcome to cs! haha

i think u should send it for cleaning too, no point buying another 18-55 and i would rather u send it for cleaning and let say if the price is over 130, would suggest u get a used copy at bns, which is around 130 and u can get it already.

hmm as for 18-105 and 18-55 hmm for me the other 50mm i can just use my leg to zoom =x but its up to u ah =D

HAVE FUN SHOOTING!!!
    Hooray for D3k! I actually eyed for those 50mm lenses but sadly D3k doesnt have the ability to auto-focus the lens. But I dont mind manually focusing it!

Once again, thanks for the advice!

Blog Entries

Hooray for D3k! I actually eyed for those 50mm lenses but sadly D3k doesnt have the ability to auto-focus the lens. But I dont mind manually focusing it!

hmm now they got the new af-s 50mm 1.8g already u can get it you want, and 1 more is the af-s 35mm 1.8g, price are 300 below for 50mm 1.8g and 35mm hmm i think 320 or lower
    Lousy de My Flickr

There's a new AF-S 50mm which can autofocus on your D3000