Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Recommend a holiday destination

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Question Recommend a holiday destination

    Thinking of going for a short holiday...
    Somewhere that's affordable and great for taking pictures

    Any ideas?

  2. #2

    Default

    Malacca?

    Pulau Ubin

  3. #3

    Default

    cameron highland

    Pulau Redang

    Sarawak Mulu Caves

    Sabah Mount Kinabalu

    really depends on what you like. Cold or sunny...wet or dry...city or wildlife...modern or historical...
    DR KOH KHO KING

  4. #4

    Default

    Sentosa?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Recommend a holiday destination

    Define your short.
    Define your affordable.
    My short holiday is a 5-day, or 1 week holiday

    ..NuTs..

    Originally posted by imaginary_number
    Thinking of going for a short holiday...
    Somewhere that's affordable and great for taking pictures

    Any ideas?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    hmm, let me see...

    short: 2 to 3 days
    affordable : $300

    actually I haven't been for a holiday for like 10 years...

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: Recommend a holiday destination

    Originally posted by imaginary_number
    Thinking of going for a short holiday...
    Somewhere that's affordable and great for taking pictures

    Any ideas?


    do u want "special" relaxation ?

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by imaginary_number
    hmm, let me see...

    short: 2 to 3 days
    affordable : $300

    actually I haven't been for a holiday for like 10 years...
    2 to 3 days...sounds like a weekend for me. I would rather relax at home...

    travelling to anywhere outside Singapore will cost you a day (go and back)...so end up having one or two days...err...that's tired. Btw, who do you plan to go with? family?
    DR KOH KHO KING

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    370

    Default

    i guess bintan wld be a good place....

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Come my house and I'll pose for you

    Just kidding.

    Can try pular ubin/malaysia islands

    Sentosa not really a lot of things to shoot.. unless got event.

    Just don't go tekong shoot... hehehehe
    Canon Lover :)

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default Re: Re: Recommend a holiday destination

    Originally posted by anonymous

    do u want "special" relaxation ?
    hmm.... I sense something funny but yet tempting...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Originally posted by Kho King


    2 to 3 days...sounds like a weekend for me. I would rather relax at home...

    travelling to anywhere outside Singapore will cost you a day (go and back)...so end up having one or two days...err...that's tired. Btw, who do you plan to go with? family?
    Actually 4 to 5 days is also ok, most impt thing is the price. Going with gf

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Originally posted by Klause
    Come my house and I'll pose for you

    Just kidding.

    Can try pular ubin/malaysia islands

    Sentosa not really a lot of things to shoot.. unless got event.

    Just don't go tekong shoot... hehehehe
    go tekong shoot? I'll probably get shot instead

  14. #14

    Default Re: Re: Re: Recommend a holiday destination

    Originally posted by imaginary_number


    hmm.... I sense something funny but yet tempting...

    What kind of special service would that be?
    Sound yummy......

  15. #15

    Default

    3 days at abt $300+, I think the above suggestions are pretty much good :

    malacca
    cameron highlands
    fraser hill
    desaru
    redang, sibu etc

    with a little more $, u could even try
    penang
    langkawi
    bangkok


    Originally posted by imaginary_number
    hmm, let me see...

    short: 2 to 3 days
    affordable : $300

    actually I haven't been for a holiday for like 10 years...

  16. #16

    Default

    To visit Malaysia "dry places", I suggest you drive. Unless you are willing to spend money on Taxi...else driving is more freely...and you can go wherever you want. I just came back from Melaka, is a nice place to go...but I drive...so not that tired. No car...then have to walk a lots.

    I have been to CH too, is a nice place...but then again...if you are not familiar with the road, don't drive there...as it is quite dangerous driving up the hill. Go during weekdays, and you will save half on accommondation. Weekend is quite crowded there...
    DR KOH KHO KING

  17. #17

    Default

    yeah, second that.
    drive more flexible, and possibly find better places for photography as well!

    ..NuTs..

    Originally posted by Kho King
    To visit Malaysia "dry places", I suggest you drive. Unless you are willing to spend money on Taxi...else driving is more freely...and you can go wherever you want. I just came back from Melaka, is a nice place to go...but I drive...so not that tired. No car...then have to walk a lots.

    I have been to CH too, is a nice place...but then again...if you are not familiar with the road, don't drive there...as it is quite dangerous driving up the hill. Go during weekdays, and you will save half on accommondation. Weekend is quite crowded there...

  18. #18

    Default

    Pangkor Island? Apparently quite a tropical island paradise.

  19. #19
    Megadark
    Guests

    Default

    Langkawi (2 or 3 days definitely enough, not more. It helps if you drive)
    Phuket
    Pi Pi Islands

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Question

    Thanx for all the replies so far.

    So, where do you guys go to find such holiday offers ? Any agency to recommend?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •