Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: disguising your camera..

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    east
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Erm...Think I'm gonna print out a Leica logo and paste it on my FED, and c if any thief can spot the difference. Proberbly got wack by him for trying to deceive him.." U think I can't tell a Leica from a FED is it?!!!" Haha...

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kg_yew
    Erm...Think I'm gonna print out a Leica logo and paste it on my FED, and c if any thief can spot the difference. Proberbly got wack by him for trying to deceive him.." U think I can't tell a Leica from a FED is it?!!!" Haha...

    haha..tat is a gd one....
    but i m still wondering how people can gaffer the whole camera....
    haha...later...gaffer all the buttons....n the LCD preview..to look like a low end film camera...then....cannot use...haha//

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p4610yz
    haha..tat is a gd one....
    but i m still wondering how people can gaffer the whole camera....
    haha...later...gaffer all the buttons....n the LCD preview..to look like a low end film camera...then....cannot use...haha//
    There is a way to "gaffer" the whole camera and still get it to work. Of course easier if you have a simple camera like the Leica.

    But to learn to "gaffer" the the whole camera, you have to attend a "gaffering" course!

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    See RossChang's 300D

    Nearly all black!
    Inspiration from SniperD's 10D, tat's, what I call mummify... seeing his would be better than seeing mine... I just gaffer the gripping part so to get better grip on the 300D...

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    hahaha... i guess leicas are so famous, its hard to disguise it already lah.

    me? i'm still trying to figure out how to gaffer my 300D properly. so far, i failed miserably twice...
    A tip, get a piece of paper as a measurement, cut out and put on cam until the piece fits, then use the ppr as a blueprint to cut ur gaffer... works..

  6. #46
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Okay, this is worth a shot.

    For those who want their cameras mummified, can PM me, I'll charge $15 per camera that I mummify, but don't regret it after I mummify it, cos the $15 is not refundable.

    Every part that can be mummified WILL BE mummified. For those who've seen my works, you know ...


  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saifulbahar
    Interesting discussion here. Soon I'm going up to India for 6 months and now I'm wondering how am I going to protect my 300D from being snatched. Think I may consider a prosumer (non DSLR) camera as a backup when travelling to some places then.

    yoz brudder,

    heheh.. just tape the silverish part and oso the grip oso.

    Bring a small compact like ixus for off-shots or situation that you can't take your SLR out

    or get rangefinder hehehehe....

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    yoz brudder,

    heheh.. just tape the silverish part and oso the grip oso.

    Bring a small compact like ixus for off-shots or situation that you can't take your SLR out

    or get rangefinder hehehehe....
    Taping the silverish part? tat is like saying, tape the whole camera

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    Taping the silverish part? tat is like saying, tape the whole camera

    bingo... you just need to do it slowly.. can do one.... measure the area you want to cover and cut the shape out on the gaffer... at least that's what I did

  10. #50
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    bingo... you just need to do it slowly.. can do one.... measure the area you want to cover and cut the shape out on the gaffer... at least that's what I did
    Pass it to me, I'll do it for you

  11. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Pass it to me, I'll do it for you
    Hei Espn, organize a 'Gaffer ur Camera' course lar, sure u'll get good response... hahahaha...

    Whenever I feel like playing with sticker... I'll gaffer another part of my camera... think tonight go back gaffer the pop up flash...

  12. #52
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    Hei Espn, organize a 'Gaffer ur Camera' course lar, sure u'll get good response... hahahaha...

    Whenever I feel like playing with sticker... I'll gaffer another part of my camera... think tonight go back gaffer the pop up flash...
    Hurhur... it's a skill, many have seen & commented, let me know if you're seriously interested in gaffering up your camera, however, can only do so at the leisure of my home, so will need to bring the camera back, so unless you trust me, else...

    You mean you never gaffer your flash? Aiyoh! This is not called GAFFERING LIAO!

  13. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Hurhur... it's a skill, many have seen & commented, let me know if you're seriously interested in gaffering up your camera, however, can only do so at the leisure of my home, so will need to bring the camera back, so unless you trust me, else...

    You mean you never gaffer your flash? Aiyoh! This is not called GAFFERING LIAO!
    Nope not yet. like to take it slow
    mebbe I'll also gaffer the 300D logo and write a 20D there...

  14. #54
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Hurhur... it's a skill, many have seen & commented, let me know if you're seriously interested in gaffering up your camera, however, can only do so at the leisure of my home, so will need to bring the camera back, so unless you trust me, else...

    You mean you never gaffer your flash? Aiyoh! This is not called GAFFERING LIAO!
    espn - serious ah? i dun mind. just let me know when?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  15. #55
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    espn - serious ah? i dun mind. just let me know when?
    Let me know when you wanna pass your D70 to me for gaffering

  16. #56
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Let me know when you wanna pass your D70 to me for gaffering


    i'll need it on sat for a shoot. mebbe i drop u a line after dat to arrange for a meetup at funan again?

    D70? dat will be my cousin. i'll let u gaffer her cam later....
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  17. #57

    Default

    I tried taping up my camera while on a trip recently and someone who had the same camera bothered to ask why i taped up the Nikon brand...and all I managed to do was to give him a lame answer...was a totally unexpected question.

    I was closed to being robbed on 2 occasions even though I was not carrying my camera then. Guess they will rob you whether or not you hide your camera if they wanted to. And just a few days prior to that, I was secretly laughing at a lady who put her big SLR in a small red plastic bag, which made her look like she was carrying a bag of vegatables/fruits.

    There are travel insurance that covers up to $1000 per item...sure beats $500 per item.

  18. #58
    Member fooj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sengkang;Fernvale
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    i also tape up the camera brand & the model. even my canon strap i removed the word 'canon'. Not that i m ashame of my gear, just like the look of everything in black with no wording on them.

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Attach a jungle hat to your camera strap and sling it in front.Waterproof it and it can be a handy rainshield for your camera in light drizzle.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •