Thread: Do u think TV manufacturers are forcing us to buy "Smart features"?

Default Do u think TV manufacturers are forcing us to buy "Smart features"?

I notice that almost all good LED TVs come with some form of wi fi, Internet social media connection. And most come with 3D glasses. For those who already have such TVs, do u really find them useful?

The better quality TVs with good contrast ratios and screen refresh rate usually all come with these features. To me, I find them useless. Why would I want to pay so much more to use Internet on the tv when I can easily do so on my computer? And how many programs can I watch which come with 3D effects?

If I dun want all those features, I have to settle for a much smaller TV. And for such TVs, the screen quality is not as good as their bigger sized cousins.

I somehow feel manufacturers are forcing us to buy into this Internet and 3D TV culture.

What do you all think? Now trying hard to think what would be a good 46" to 55" TV to buy without all the Internet and 3D. Anyone can kindly recommend? TIA...

Default Re: Do u think TV manufacturers are forcing us to buy "Smart features"?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreq View Post
    I notice that almost all good LED TVs come with some form of wi fi, Internet social media connection. And most come with 3D glasses. For those who already have such TVs, do u really find them useful?

The better quality TVs with good contrast ratios and screen refresh rate usually all come with these features. To me, I find them useless. Why would I want to pay so much more to use Internet on the tv when I can easily do so on my computer? And how many programs can I watch which come with 3D effects?

If I dun want all those features, I have to settle for a much smaller TV. And for such TVs, the screen quality is not as good as their bigger sized cousins.

I somehow feel manufacturers are forcing us to buy into this Internet and 3D TV culture.

What do you all think? Now trying hard to think what would be a good 46" to 55" TV to buy without all the Internet and 3D. Anyone can kindly recommend? TIA...
    just curious... how old are you?

thinking about that, being able to surf the net on a tv makes sense if you're trying to save electricity.

when HDTVs first came out, people were complaining about why the manufacturers were forcing people to buy this new video standard. soon it became mainstream and everyone accepted it. now 3D is the future of video and soon everyone will adopt it. and LED TVs are pretty cheap compared to a few years ago... and now more feature packed. so i don't know what you're complaining about here.

and if you're grousing about 3D/Internet TVs, why don't you just go back to CRT TVs? i heard that they're not as gimmicky as HDTVs or 3DTVs. and some actually give very very good video playback quality

Default Re: Do u think TV manufacturers are forcing us to buy "Smart features"?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    just curious... how old are you?

thinking about that, being able to surf the net on a tv makes sense if you're trying to save electricity.

when HDTVs first came out, people were complaining about why the manufacturers were forcing people to buy this new video standard. soon it became mainstream and everyone accepted it. now 3D is the future of video and soon everyone will adopt it. and LED TVs are pretty cheap compared to a few years ago... and now more feature packed. so i don't know what you're complaining about here.

and if you're grousing about 3D/Internet TVs, why don't you just go back to CRT TVs? i heard that they're not as gimmicky as HDTVs or 3DTVs. and some actually give very very good video playback quality
    Ridiculous reply response. Ask youself how old you are.

Sometimes I need stupid comments from smart alecky people like you to realize there is better life out there.