Thread: question on product photography: light tents, lights

Default question on product photography: light tents, lights

Hi!
    i need some advice.
    I want to take a nice photos of my watches collection. and perhaps sell them.
    So i need to do product photography setup.
    Read online about it. it seems that it can be done with just a light tent and lights

as for light tent: I'm not sure if there any cheap brands? are there any places that i can rent/buy?

Lights: does anyone know if it can be done by alternatives besides using two sb-600 flashes as i dont have 2.

Thanks alot for the help! =)

Default Re: question on product photography: light tents, lights

hmm try tago tech?
    or it fair.. i'm not sure if IT fair sells one of those though. Hope others could enlighten you.

EOS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metagrabolised View Post
    Hi!
    i need some advice.
    I want to take a nice photos of my watches collection. and perhaps sell them.
    So i need to do product photography setup.
    Read online about it. it seems that it can be done with just a light tent and lights

as for light tent: I'm not sure if there any cheap brands? are there any places that i can rent/buy?

Lights: does anyone know if it can be done by alternatives besides using two sb-600 flashes as i dont have 2.

Thanks alot for the help! =)
    Light tents are cheap. They cost around $50 for a decent sized one in Singapore.

You can make do with one flash, just use a flash cord and set up the flash inside the light tent instead of outside. point it 45 deg up and let the flash light bounce around.

This are sample pics I shot using single off camera SB-600 inside the light tent.

Last edited by daredevil123; 8th June 2011 at 05:34 AM.

Can always try making your own light tent. Here's a few different methods, http://www.beadinggem.com/2010/01/ho...ight-tent.html