Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Siglap, Bedok
    Posts
    51

    Default Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...



    am referring to the big black pad under those two cameras.
    i asked the challenger guy he said the store doesnt sell, it was provided by nikon as a means to "show proper handling of the camera when serving customers"

    anyone has any idea where i can get? Would like to have one for proper use during cleaning of my cameras.
    i know some will not find this worthwhile, lets just put it that i love my camera enough to think that this investment is worth it alright.
    5DII | 450D | 24-70, 24-105, 70-200II, 50 1.8, 28 2.8, hfs200

  2. #2
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    A nice big piece of microfiber cloth would be good.

  3. #3
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    Quote Originally Posted by zwl88 View Post


    am referring to the big black pad under those two cameras.
    i asked the challenger guy he said the store doesnt sell, it was provided by nikon as a means to "show proper handling of the camera when serving customers"

    anyone has any idea where i can get? Would like to have one for proper use during cleaning of my cameras.
    i know some will not find this worthwhile, lets just put it that i love my camera enough to think that this investment is worth it alright.
    It's just a pad, you can walk over to the accessories department and find a dozen other mouse pad that is identical to it.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  4. #4

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    From the look of the material of the pad, it seems that it collects dust easily,
    wont advice you to use it when u are cleaning.
    might get more dust into your camera.

    like what 9V-Orion Images said, you can get it from most stores, unless u specifically want a Nikon one. If so, maybe try NSC, but I doubt they sell it.
    Last edited by wdEvA; 7th June 2011 at 08:46 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    I feel it looks more like a display pad than a cleaning pad
    Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

  6. #6

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    Saw the pad at NSC, think they give away to Nikon club members

  7. #7

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    It's not a cleaning pad. It's a marketing tool. When a customer wants to see a Nikon camera, they whip out the Nikon pad to make it look "more pro".
    Alpha

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Siglap, Bedok
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    It's just a pad, you can walk over to the accessories department and find a dozen other mouse pad that is identical to it.
    i like that idea of yours ...
    5DII | 450D | 24-70, 24-105, 70-200II, 50 1.8, 28 2.8, hfs200

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    Cleaning pad? my mouse pad looks cleaner.... (and looks easier to clean too)
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  10. #10

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    You said it yourself:

    Quote Originally Posted by zwl88 View Post
    it was provided by nikon as a means to "show proper handling of the camera when serving customers"

    anyone has any idea where i can get? Would like to have one for proper use during cleaning of my cameras.
    i know some will not find this worthwhile, lets just put it that i love my camera enough to think that this investment is worth it alright.
    Proper cleaning is NEVER MENTIONED in the statement by Nikon. Just "Proper handling when serving customers". In other words, MARKETING. It is NOT a cleaning pad, only your own imagination and misinterpretation of the english used makes you think that.
    Alpha

  11. #11

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    You said it yourself:



    Proper cleaning is NEVER MENTIONED in the statement by Nikon. Just "Proper handling when serving customers". In other words, MARKETING. It is NOT a cleaning pad, only your own imagination and misinterpretation of the english used makes you think that.
    +1

    it's just a mat for them to place their cameras on.

    i don't get it. you can just place the camera on the table... unless you're afraid the camera will scratch the table.

  12. #12

    Default

    You can get a Razer Mouse pad from Sim Lim Square, it come with various size & thinkness.

  13. #13
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    It's not a cleaning pad. It's a marketing tool. When a customer wants to see a Nikon camera, they whip out the Nikon pad to make it look "more pro".
    Then how come they placed a pair of Olympus cameras on the Nikon mat?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  14. #14

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Then how come they placed a pair of Olympus cameras on the Nikon mat?
    Because they heck care what Nikon says. :P
    Alpha

  15. #15
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Where can i buy a "cleaning pad" ...

    i used a4 paper instead of a "cleaning pad" =x
    Lousy de My Flickr

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •