Thread: Recommendation on Tripod for D90 with Kit Lens

Default Recommendation on Tripod for D90 with Kit Lens

Any kind soul can you advise what type of tripod is suitable for D90 with Kit Lens. I'm currently using the free tripod which I discover it is wobbling when extended to the max. Idea is to have a lightweight and hold Nikon 70-300 if not at least the Kit Lens. Budget ~ $120. Many thanks!

Default Re: Recommendation on Tripod for D90 with Kit Lens

Before the usual members start the same comments, I suggest you do a search and close this thread....much have been said on this topic.

For the short answer, try brands like: Benro or Sirui. But you may have to stretch your budget abit more. Also do consider the relationship between Cost, Stability and Weight of which you can only pick 2.
    Last edited by SkyStrike; 5th June 2011 at 09:31 PM.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by gnesgnoy View Post
    Any kind soul can you advise what type of tripod is suitable for D90 with Kit Lens. I'm currently using the free tripod which I discover it is wobbling when extended to the max. Idea is to have a lightweight and hold Nikon 70-300 if not at least the Kit Lens. Budget ~ $120. Many thanks!
    Hmm $120 is not much if you want a good tripod, especially when you want it lightweight and stable. Other than Benro and Sirui which are suggested, you can look at Slik as well. You can find Sirui and Slik tripods at TK Foto (Funan level 2)

strange....before opening this thread, did a search and nothing appears. Did Advanced Search for "tripod" only found 3 threads. Now did a search and return lots of information. I can rely on the current information. Thanks for all the contributions.