Thread: Duck meat..

Default Duck meat..

I just learnt from my frds that muslim dun eat duck meat,issit true?

Not sure but my maid's from Indonesia and yes, she doesn't eat ducks.

it depends if it's halal and a google search for "halal duck" does come up with results like suppliers of halal ducks...

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    As I gathered from my Muslim frenz, they don't eat amphibians, namely frog, duck and crab(chim). Muslims do consume sea crab (tchee), those we sometime call flower crab.
    Perhaps our Muslim CSers could enlighten.

Quote Originally Posted by Aim
    As I gathered from my Muslim frenz, they don't eat amphibians, namely frog, duck and crab(chim). Muslims do consume sea crab (tchee), those we sometime call flower crab.
    Perhaps our Muslim CSers could enlighten.
    Sorry just curious about your post...

Ducks are amphibians?

Cheers,
    -Michelle-

I think it's got something to do with webbed feet... is haram, or something...

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    Muslim eats duck meat as long as it killed and prepared according to the Islamic Rite.
    Hope this clears any confusion.

Not eating duck meat has nothing to do with being muslim or not...
    In fact, if you were to notice, most non-chinese dun eat duck meat.

We should be asking... Y do we Chinese eat ducks?

Quote Originally Posted by dolpjki
    Not eating duck meat has nothing to do with being muslim or not...
    In fact, if you were to notice, most non-chinese dun eat duck meat.

We should be asking... Y do we Chinese eat ducks?
    hahaha, we chinese eat almost everything lor!

from scorpions to ants to monkey's brain to dog meat (EEEEE!!!) to... i duno. we eat like everything.

Better to take duck meat nowadays,,, those chickens are.......... sian......problem!
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

u will also notice there isnt any duck (&pork) in indian dishes.....

Default Eating Ducks.....

Hi CS members.....

Let me enlighten you on these misconception and misunderstandings.....
    I'm a Muslim. Here are some knowledge to share....

Ducks....are classified as poultry. They have the same classification as chickens. Halal "poultry" means that the poultry has been slaughtered
    according to Islamic rites. While the slughtering process is being done, the person conducting the slaughter will recite a verse praising the Almighty as the initiation to the slaghtering process.

The aim of the slaughtering process (with razor sharp knives - no blunt kknives to be used) is to do slit the major artery on the neck, (not the windpipe). This will drain most blood out of the animal. This also cuts the blood to the brains and hence the death of the slaughtered animal.
    If you notice, in supermarkets, Halal packed chickens are normally less red(clot blood) as there is less left over blood in them.

If the animal is killed by other means....then the deas animal will be classified as carcass......not permissable or suitable for consumption....

I personally eat duck. In normal cases ppl don't eat duck. This is the fact that duck, if not prepared properly may have a "ducky" smell.
    I do eat Beijing Kau-Yah.......in halal restaurants in China.

In Islam, there are several school of thoughts which have varied opinions on the part about sea creatures. These is a Field of STUDY on its own. Not something that can be summarised in one thread.... The school of thoughts in most cases exists due varying factors by the location or society(geographical location) of a place...where some daily life guidelines may not be applicable....

In general....all sea creatures are permissable. Animals like fishes, grasshoppers (insect) do not need to be slaughtered as their blood does not flow....unlike Poultry or cows, sheep etc.

When we classify sea creatures.....these are animal which spend most of the time of their lives (in nature's sense) in water.

Scuba divers....even if they spend most of thier time in the sea.....cannot be halal!!!!!!

Hope that these short info may help clarify some misconceptions......

Rgds,
    Sulhan

nice one sulhan....enlightening indeed...thnx for clarifying...

Quote Originally Posted by sulhan
    If you notice, in supermarkets, Halal packed chickens are normally less red(clot blood) as there is less left over blood in them.
    So religion aside, izzit more healthy or better to eat chickens with more or less blood in them? Which 1 will give u more tasty dish if prepared the same way?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Sorry just curious about your post...

Ducks are amphibians?

Cheers,
    -Michelle-
    hahaha!!! biology.101

ducks are
    1) birds
    2) amphibians
    3) crustacean
    4) chickens with webbed feet

not that it's of any consequence, but did you know that though duck is poultry (like chicken and turkey), it's considered a red meat (like beef)?

Hi CS members.....

Ducks....are classified as poultry. They have the same classification as chickens. Halal "poultry" means that the poultry has been slaughtered
    according to Islamic rites. While the slughtering process is being done, the person conducting the slaughter will recite a verse praising the Almighty as the initiation to the slaghtering process.

The aim of the slaughtering process (with razor sharp knives - no blunt kknives to be used) is to do slit the major artery on the neck, (not the windpipe). This will drain most blood out of the animal. This also cuts the blood to the brains and hence the death of the slaughtered animal.

If the animal is killed by other means....then the deas animal will be classified as carcass......not permissable or suitable for consumption....

I personally eat duck. In normal cases ppl don't eat duck. This is the fact that duck, if not prepared properly may have a "ducky" smell.

In Islam, there are several school of thoughts which have varied opinions on the part about sea creatures. These is a Field of STUDY on its own. Not something that can be summarised in one thread.... The school of thoughts in most cases exists due varying factors by the location or society(geographical location) of a place...where some daily life guidelines may not be applicable....

In general....all sea creatures are permissable. Animals like fishes, grasshoppers (insect) do not need to be slaughtered as their blood does not flow....unlike Poultry or cows, sheep etc.

When we classify sea creatures.....these are animal which spend most of the time of their lives (in nature's sense) in water.

Scuba divers....even if they spend most of thier time in the sea.....cannot be halal!!!!!!

Rgds,
    Sulhan
    Hi sulhan,

I think muslim people cannot eat LAND CRAB right? Just curious......hope to get an answer about what crabs can be eaten for muslims as there are many types of crabs like Sri Lankan Crabs, Flower Crab, Alaskan Crabs.......and so on.

thanks!

wah sulhan,
    thanks for taking the trouble to give such an in depth explanation.
    now i know how halal food is prepared.

Thanks sulhan for the clarification abt the seafood.
    Cos i've been asking a few young muslims abt why fishes are considered halal,
    one of the popular answers coming from them:
    "Coz the fishes died on their own when we fish them out of the waters,
    so no killing involved"

This leds to us asking them....
    "if you throw a chicken into water and it drowns on its own....
    is the chicken halal???"

Anyway, now im clear at least i can get back to my young muslim
    frens and tell them... "GO back and read your definition of halal again!!!" THANKS!!!

Hi CS members.....

Rgds,
    Sulhan
    Thanx for the clarification. Now I know why most muslim don't eat duck.

Hi Sulhan,
    this is funny! I would like to add, if this is correct, muslims don't eat carnivores as well including anything in the sea.