Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightweight Tripods!

imo, the fit and finish of benro B series ballhead is better. If you are talking around that price range. there are a lot of brands out there, and the price range varies greatly.

But I personally feel that you should first look for a tripod head that you would like and feel comfy to operate. Tripod legs comes and goes and is usually the first to spoilt. Ballhead are built like a tank, if you find one that you like, will last u a lifetime. If you dun like using a ballhead, just bringing out the tripod will be a hassle.

Blog Entries

After a while you will ditch both sirui and benro heads. Might as well buy a good bullhead now and get it over with. Look at Markins, Photoclam or if you wanna go even higher, arca Swiss or RRS.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiNn
    i see the sirui ball heads don't look as sturdy as it seems. Is there any alternative to the ball heads other than using sirui ballhead?
    Go and try them out first, before making senseless comments.

Are your skills surpassing these heads?

Blog Entries

i see the sirui ball heads don't look as sturdy as it seems. Is there any alternative to the ball heads other than using sirui ballhead?
    The new K series are actually not bad.

Default Re: Lightweight Tripods!

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    After a while you will ditch both sirui and benro heads. Might as well buy a good bullhead now and get it over with. Look at Markins, Photoclam or if you wanna go even higher, arca Swiss or RRS.
    U r rite! I m actually going to sell away my benro & sirui ballhead and get arca-swiss P0. but need to change to QS plates. This means also change L plate.... haiz BBB virus. Hope my wife dun see this posting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tikiman View Post
    U r rite! I m actually going to sell away my benro & sirui ballhead and get arca-swiss P0. but need to change to QS plates. This means also change L plate.... haiz BBB virus. Hope my wife dun see this posting.
    Ooooo the Arca-swiss P0 is so poisonous... maybe I can replace the photoclam on my travel tripod with that....

no no no... save money!

BTW, yes, it is a pain with the quick release. RRS lever clamp is the same way, and finally found that markins plates and kangrinpoche L plate works ok on the RRS lever clamps. heng....
    Last edited by daredevil123; 9th June 2011 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Go and try them out first, before making senseless comments.

Are your skills surpassing these heads?
    ....?? what makes u think its senseless comments. zzz. its what i see from the products itself.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    The new K series are actually not bad.
    i will go down n try them out this weekend. hopefully its good and sturdy. =)

....?? what makes u think its senseless comments. zzz. its what i see from the products itself.
    Yr eyes got x ray power ar?

U superman or X men?

I can also see that u are such a useless person. True or not?

Quote Originally Posted by tikiman View Post
    i have used both benro and sirui tripods and ballhead. Currently using Surui setup. CF T-2204X + G10. In the past I use a Benro alu A550EX + KB-0A.
    Oops, I realize I made a mistake. My Sirui ballhead is the K10X not G10. Still the tension control knob is a hassle to use, especially in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiNn View Post
    i will go down n try them out this weekend. hopefully its good and sturdy. =)
    Both Sirui & Benro CF tripods are value for $ and sturdy. It was hard for me to choose also, and it may boil down to little design details that fit your liking.

As for ballhead, if u can, just bite the bullet and buy a good one. You will know the difference once you test with your heaviest setup.
    Last edited by tikiman; 10th June 2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: add more info

Actually Sirui ballhead is quite okay. I would not go so far as to say that they are the best, but they serve their purpose.

I did a simple review on the Sirui R-2004 and Sirui K-20X (well... more on the R-2004)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...-advices/page2

But as you can see the K-20X could hold my heaviest setup quite easily, my setup is around 2.7kg... of course after that I start adding accessories on the camera such as macro twin flashes, etc which can add up to around 3 to 4kg and the ballhead still hold.

However I would not say that the stupid fiction knob quite easy to use (maybe it is just me). That small thing within the knob is not that easily reach for my big thumb and if you are wearing glove, it would only make thing harder.

The good thing is it is pretty cheap comparing to alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Yr eyes got x ray power ar?

U superman or X men?

I can also see that u are such a useless person. True or not?
    U havent seen me before how u know that i am a useless person. but I have seen the ballheads before. This one no need Superman or Xmen to see. Unless u are Superman or Xmen?

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Actually Sirui ballhead is quite okay. I would not go so far as to say that they are the best, but they serve their purpose.

I did a simple review on the Sirui R-2004 and Sirui K-20X (well... more on the R-2004)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...-advices/page2

But as you can see the K-20X could hold my heaviest setup quite easily, my setup is around 2.7kg... of course after that I start adding accessories on the camera such as macro twin flashes, etc which can add up to around 3 to 4kg and the ballhead still hold.

However I would not say that the stupid fiction knob quite easy to use (maybe it is just me). That small thing within the knob is not that easily reach for my big thumb and if you are wearing glove, it would only make thing harder.

The good thing is it is pretty cheap comparing to alternatives.
    Thanks for your review. i have saw it and it helps alot. will be bringing down my stuff to try out the ballheads. seems like lots of people are not complaining bout the integrity of the ballhead.

Thanks for your review. i have saw it and it helps alot. will be bringing down my stuff to try out the ballheads. seems like lots of people are not complaining bout the integrity of the ballhead.
    No. Actually, everyone should be questioning the integrity of any ballhead... whatever the make. I decided on getting the Sirui ballhead is because my friends are using them and they face no problem. Plus I was down in the shop (being a nuisance, testing out some of my equipments). The ballhead holds at that time... so I bought it. And back at home, I did a thorough test and it was okay.

So you are correct to take everything with a pinch of salt. Test out the ballhead and if it is not to your expectation, don't buy it just because anyone here say it is good... bcos, who knows, we might be bias too.

I got the t1204x tripod with the k10 ball head. I went to test the benro tripods too and that got my vote cuz of the smooth handling on the head. But I chose the sirui tripod is cuz of the price. 350 vs 400+.

The sirui didnt lose out much to the benro too. Both are good in their own ways. Sirui is value for money while benro offers better quality. (from my point of view.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12