Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 175

Thread: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

  1. #61
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by saDdyJ86 View Post
    thanks for the clarification. but am i right to see if 550d cost $1199 with a free tripod and/or dry cabinet is more worth it compare to a 550d cost $1060, if let said the tripod cheapest is $100. (:
    Decent tripod don't cost $100... they come in a range of somewhere near $200 and when you add a ballhead to it, the cost will jet up to more than $200. Very seldom will you see a good tripod below $200.

    And I believe your price of $1199 is the suggested retail price of Kit 1 price for 550D (this price is normally found in megastores and IT shows), the free tripod are given by Canon and not any other shops. When you buy your camera from (say, John 3:16) and lets say the price they quote is $1060, you can still take the receipt John gave you and go down to habourfront Canon's redemption center (keppel tower 2, I think) and redempt your free tripod.

    I have to emphasis, the free gifts are not given by shops... but by Canon. The bag will normally be handed over to you immediately after purchase of the product. The bag is usually a black one with the word, "EOS Digital" on it (so it is not sold in any shops but as gifts from Canon).

    I don't think anyone will give you a dry cabinet, they might give you a dry box, but never a dry cabinet. Note that dry box and dry cabinet are very different thing. For dry box, you have to use silica gel, for dry cabinet - it is powered by electricity.
    Last edited by rhino123; 8th June 2011 at 04:05 PM.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Dry cabinets are usually "sold" as freebies during IT show. Meaning extra amt u paid for SRP goes to the cost of these cabinets.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  3. #63
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Dry cabinets are usually "sold" as freebies during IT show. Meaning extra amt u paid for SRP goes to the cost of these cabinets.
    didn't know that they give dry cabinet as "freebies". But I bet you still have to carry it home urself.

    But I still prefer to get things from less crowded place.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  4. #64

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Decent tripod don't cost $100... they come in a range of somewhere near $200 and when you add a ballhead to it, the cost will jet up to more than $200. Very seldom will you see a good tripod below $200.

    And I believe your price of $1199 is the suggested retail price of Kit 1 price for 550D (this price is normally found in megastores and IT shows), the free tripod are given by Canon and not any other shops. When you buy your camera from (say, John 3:16) and lets say the price they quote is $1060, you can still take the receipt John gave you and go down to habourfront Canon's redemption center (keppel tower 2, I think) and redempt your free tripod.

    I have to emphasis, the free gifts are not given by shops... but by Canon. The bag will normally be handed over to you immediately after purchase of the product. The bag is usually a black one with the word, "EOS Digital" on it (so it is not sold in any shops but as gifts from Canon).

    I don't think anyone will give you a dry cabinet, they might give you a dry box, but never a dry cabinet. Note that dry box and dry cabinet are very different thing. For dry box, you have to use silica gel, for dry cabinet - it is powered by electricity.
    so in other words, as what you've said, if i go let said cathay photo bought a 550d for $1060, i can go to canon at keppel tower to redeem my free tripod? will they ask for receipt or so? but is it must provided that 550d at IT show does include tripod?

  5. #65

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Dry cabinets are usually "sold" as freebies during IT show. Meaning extra amt u paid for SRP goes to the cost of these cabinets.
    hmm.. icic. but this year march that IT show they got give dry cabinet (or dry box i'm not too sure) if you purchase a 600d. (:

  6. #66

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    didn't know that they give dry cabinet as "freebies". But I bet you still have to carry it home urself.

    But I still prefer to get things from less crowded place.
    icic. hahax. yup. less crowded, mind more peaceful. (:

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saDdyJ86

    hmm.. icic. but this year march that IT show they got give dry cabinet (or dry box i'm not too sure) if you purchase a 600d. (:
    Even nikon side does this, however, it's still not worth it... Since you are paying for it might as well go to places where u can shop comfortably and buy what u choose than to be force purchase those freebies that you cannot choose.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  8. #68
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by saDdyJ86 View Post
    so in other words, as what you've said, if i go let said cathay photo bought a 550d for $1060, i can go to canon at keppel tower to redeem my free tripod? will they ask for receipt or so? but is it must provided that 550d at IT show does include tripod?
    You can... and yes you need your receipt and also online registration of the warranty. I have done that with my new 7D (bought from John 3:16). As long as your set is not grey set, it will be no problem and as far as I understand Cathay Photo don't sell grey sets (so all the sets sold are local sets).

  9. #69

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Even nikon side does this, however, it's still not worth it... Since you are paying for it might as well go to places where u can shop comfortably and buy what u choose than to be force purchase those freebies that you cannot choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    You can... and yes you need your receipt and also online registration of the warranty. I have done that with my new 7D (bought from John 3:16). As long as your set is not grey set, it will be no problem and as far as I understand Cathay Photo don't sell grey sets (so all the sets sold are local sets).
    oic. well. guess i have to think twice whether which place to shop for DSLR. (:

  10. #70
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by saDdyJ86 View Post
    oic. well. guess i have to think twice whether which place to shop for DSLR. (:
    If it's IT Show vs Recommended Shops, I think the answer should be quite clear...
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  11. #71
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by saDdyJ86 View Post
    hmm.. icic. but this year march that IT show they got give dry cabinet (or dry box i'm not too sure) if you purchase a 600d. (:
    If you look at the prices at IT shows, you will realize the freebies they give are not really free at all.

  12. #72

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    If it's IT Show vs Recommended Shops, I think the answer should be quite clear...
    recommend shop. (:

  13. #73

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    If you look at the prices at IT shows, you will realize the freebies they give are not really free at all.
    yup agree. guess i would go with recommended shop. (:

  14. #74

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by saDdyJ86 View Post
    yup agree. guess i would go with recommended shop. (:
    Don't worri too get from the recommend shop and start happy shooting.
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  15. #75

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    hmm.. let say if i get my 550d from MS, can i purchase the 55-250mm lens at the price of $299 from canon? lolx.

  16. #76

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by saDdyJ86 View Post
    hmm.. let say if i get my 550d from MS, can i purchase the 55-250mm lens at the price of $299 from canon? lolx.
    Call up MS and ask... Please stop expecting to be spoonfed...
    Alpha

  17. #77

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    You should be able to purchase the 55-250 lens from the shop you buy your 550D.

    I just bought a 60D Parisilk and get the 55-250 lens from them together at the promotional price of $459.

  18. #78

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by tazymania View Post
    You should be able to purchase the 55-250 lens from the shop you buy your 550D.

    I just bought a 60D Parisilk and get the 55-250 lens from them together at the promotional price of $459.
    Can I ask, 55-250 is it got only 1type?
    I got mine pwp at havary norment 299 only
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  19. #79

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    Can I ask, 55-250 is it got only 1type?
    I got mine pwp at havary norment 299 only
    Sorry bro. I not sure but I think so. Cos according to the brochure if u purchase 550D it will be 299.

  20. #80
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: comparison between canon 550d and 600d

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    Can I ask, 55-250 is it got only 1type?
    I got mine pwp at havary norment 299 only
    The price will depend on the Promotion that Canon gives. Apparently, it's cheaper to buy it when you buy the older entry level cameras: http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/web...omotions=dslrs
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •