Thread: Anybody has any information on Hokkaido?

Default Anybody has any information on Hokkaido?

I'm planning to go to Hokkaido at the end of the year. Looking for some information..

Basically booked the plane tickets.. will be flying there, then travelling around, so not staying at one hotel. Hoping to find out which hotels offer what kind of facilities, and roam around the country for about 2-3 weeks.

Anybody any good site/advice/information on Hokkaido??

Thanks in advance

Been there 2 times, 1 advise if u travel diy, very few ppl speak English but they are very friendly.

Wow really cold time of the year. Went there almost around that time too. But Aug/Sep is a best time to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    I'm planning to go to Hokkaido at the end of the year. Looking for some information..

Basically booked the plane tickets.. will be flying there, then travelling around, so not staying at one hotel. Hoping to find out which hotels offer what kind of facilities, and roam around the country for about 2-3 weeks.

Anybody any good site/advice/information on Hokkaido??

Thanks in advance

What information do you need? Have you decided which are the regions that you want to go? My friend did a free and easy tour of Hokkaido so depending on your destinations, can help you a bit.

But seriously, winter is not a great time to do free n easy. Ever encountered a blizzard while on tour over there during February period.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Been there 2 times, 1 advise if u travel diy, very few ppl speak English but they are very friendly.
    It's okay.. I can speak minimal Japanese.. took some Japanese classes few years ago... still can handle a bit.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by calisc
    What information do you need? Have you decided which are the regions that you want to go? My friend did a free and easy tour of Hokkaido so depending on your destinations, can help you a bit.

But seriously, winter is not a great time to do free n easy. Ever encountered a blizzard while on tour over there during February period.
    Erm.. interested in skiing, dog-sledding, tabogganing (is this how you spell it)? Hot Springs? Erm.. what else??? I think got some places to see right? Samurai stuff or what nots?

Erm.. let's see... I'll be going in Dec... is there a chance of problems then?

Japanese skiing is very good skill, you ride to the top of mountain and then got to ski down all the way. Also can try snowmobile, my favorite. You can also join the ice cutting cruise, eye opener. Also eat the famous Hokkaiddo seafood and steamboat. There is a small village of original Hokkaiddo residents, some say they looks like Russian more than Japanese, you can take photos with them, need to pay.

Oh.. I'm interested in the Snow Mobile..

I'm looking for a site so I could book the hotels/lodging online... Cos I wanna travel thru the country... so rather book ahead ...

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Japanese skiing is very good skill, you ride to the top of mountain and then got to ski down all the way. Also can try snowmobile, my favorite. You can also join the ice cutting cruise, eye opener. Also eat the famous Hokkaiddo seafood and steamboat. There is a small village of original Hokkaiddo residents, some say they looks like Russian more than Japanese, you can take photos with them, need to pay.

That would be the Ainu village I think.... don't miss out on the onsens. I did more research for Jul/Aug lavender season so not too sure about the winter activities.

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    Oh.. I'm interested in the Snow Mobile..

I'm looking for a site so I could book the hotels/lodging online... Cos I wanna travel thru the country... so rather book ahead ...
    Visit the JNTO website http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/

thanks for the site

Hi,

There is information in the last issue (not sure whether is it still the current issue) of Go Digital mag.

Cheers, Jason