Thread: Guiding Light

Default Guiding Light

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    I would like to seek comment and advise on composition and technique. Any other valuable comments/advice are welcome too

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    I hope to gather feedbacks and learn from mistakes or seek help for area of improvement

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    I saw my mum place rows of little lamps at the alter on eve of Vesak day. The light from the little lamp caught my attention in the midst of darkness.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    A little lamp using it's limited light to break away the darkness and bring brightness to this place.

Thanks for commenting

Default Re: Guiding Light

It's alright composition and execution. There's nothing wrong with it.

So let's delve into something harder to discuss but more satisfying to master. Conceptialisation. Am I right to say you shot the photograph first then thought of the 'idea' behind it? If it were the other way round, the chances would be that we would be a lot more creative in execution.

You wanna know what I think? I think this is just your test shot. So now that you know what camera settings to use, do something creative with the following concept: A little lamp using it's limited light to break away the darkness and bring brightness to this place. . Let's see what you can come up with next week.

Default Re: Guiding Light

Hi, thanks for your comments.

Yap, you are right that I shot the photo first before thought of the idea behind it.

Hmm, let me see if I can come up something with that concept.