Thread: Dry box

Default Dry box

Just bought a DSLR but nv buy dry box
    Any other way I can put my dSLR from having fungus...

Default Re: Dry box

Quote Originally Posted by Melvintan244 View Post
    Hassle free way to keep your gears is the drycab. Good investment
    Take the shot!

Blog Entries

i think for 1 or 2 day doesnt matter... btw if u wan a digi cabi 30l, u can get it at NUTC @ nex (if your near there, and wish to get it now) or next time haha, i saw it last wk
    Lousy de My Flickr

Open space on a shelf when not in use. Otherwise just use it, that's what the camera is made for. No point worrying, fungus won't come overnight.
    EOS

you can add any of the following to keep your bag/box/racks dry. "more qty = more dry"
    - Silica gel pack
    - dehumidifier box
    - Thick tissue paper

You can try the following if you want. DIY Drybox

Dry box or dry cabinets are worth investment because more effective and less maintenance than the above said.

My dry box is just a big plastic container with thirsty hippo inside. Only need to change the thirsty hippo when it is full (roughly about 1 year). All my gears are in there. No problem for the last 8 years.

Some people said it is too dry (less than 20% humidity) compared to a proper dry cabinet, ie. can crack the rubber or dry the sealant, etc. Well, it has not happen to me.

Dont save money on this.. more costlier if you need to remove fungus in the len by pro...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    i think for 1 or 2 day doesnt matter... btw if u wan a digi cabi 30l, u can get it at NUTC @ nex (if your near there, and wish to get it now) or next time haha, i saw it last wk
    Don't need go till NEX, NTUC at AMK hub also have...near the NTUC Entrance/Exit (look near the corner, I've missed it the first time I went hunting there)
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

If you plan to go into photography, best to invest on a dry cabinet. Buy a small one, it cost less than $130 or look for 2nd hand. Once you start to buy more lens, then you know they are important. Chances of you owning more than 1 lens is very high. I start buying my 2nd lens within 2nd month!

Yeah i think dry cab is a good investment. Initially i wanted to get a 23L but i think its just too small and i might have to change to a bigger capacity very soon so i went for the next biggest. So i got myself a 38L akarui cabinet E40D at CP yesterday (abt 2 weeks from my first DSLR)
    Currently got promo with some freebies that are probably good for beginners like myself