Thread: I am a Newbie

Default I am a Newbie

Hi there, I was referred to by a friend of mine because I am interested to purchase a DSLR which is good for taking both pictures and videos cos i am a beauty youtuber and i frequently make videos for it.

I would appreciate any recommendations i could possibly get for it. thank you so much for taking time out to read this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: I am a Newbie

hi welcome to Cs.

i believe you will get a good recommendations from the other bro

im here to welcome you only haha
    Lousy de My Flickr

Hi, welcome to CS.

Check out the FAQs. Better do it quickly before other SM's come in here.

Hey welcome

Quote Originally Posted by fluffystars View Post
    Hi there, I was referred to by a friend of mine because I am interested to purchase a DSLR which is good for taking both pictures and videos cos i am a beauty youtuber and i frequently make videos for it.

I would appreciate any recommendations i could possibly get for it. thank you so much for taking time out to read this.
    We have a "What DSLR to buy?" FAQ for a reason. READ IT. Then you need to remember to specify a budget, if you need fast autofocus in video, etc etc etc.

Honestly I'm not sure why you want a DSLR. Youtube is low-resolution, compressed video. A basic point-and-shoot can do the job.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

We have a "What DSLR to buy?" FAQ for a reason. READ IT. Then you need to remember to specify a budget, if you need fast autofocus in video, etc etc etc.

Honestly I'm not sure why you want a DSLR. Youtube is low-resolution, compressed video. A basic point-and-shoot can do the job.
    Most PNS can do the job these days for passable HD video that's sharp and clear.

There's also the HD youtube video segment. I believe that's what TS is talking about. The videos are of higher quality than normal. But i think you'd have to pay a pretty price to host.

But if you want the best, in terms of video quality, get a video SLR. But canon will recommend canon, sony will recommend sony and so on. Go down to the shop and check out what you want.

But be forewarned, if you're shooting a video for more than 15 minutes, a camcorder would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffystars View Post

Just a note to add on when hunting ur dslr. Since you mentioned video, you will want to look out for
    - Auto Focus during Video recording as one of the camera feature. The Camera which I'm using does not auto focus during video shooting. I have to either manual focus it or press a button to re-auto focus.

- External Mic Jack. Take note that videos taken using DSLR's internal mic will also likely pickup zoom sound and/or auto focus noise. If you are into taking vids using DSLR, consider also an external mic which will require this mic jack which again my camera doesn't have.

*despite saying the above, I don't use my camera to do a vid camera stuffs unless I'm willing to accept the weakness stated above.*

As for good for taking pictures, I believe all camera is good at taking pictures =.= else why call it a camera? As far as entry level dslr are concerned, at ISO100 for all camera and systems, I doubt your eyes can see the difference in image quality.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Hi~! Welcome!

Welcome to CS
    α300, 18-250mm, 35mm f1.8

Well... from what TS had describe... basically all DSLR with movie functions could suit him/her. The more popular choice (that I can think of) is the Nikon D5100, Canon 550D/600D and Sony's A55/A33. Also if TS is opened to other format, he/she could dig into mirrorless format like the Olympus Pen series, Panasonic G/ GH series and I think Samsung.

Both DSLR and mirrorless format have their own advantages and disadvantages... and it all depend on TS to see which suit him/her better... as to autofocus during movie mode, well... this is all up to TS too. My Canon 7D didn't have this function and I don't find a need for it... Do read the 'What DSLR to buy' thread for more information.