Thread: Seeking companion for Sichuan in Mid June

Default Seeking companion for Sichuan in Mid June

I will be in Chengdu in Mid June and seeking for a companion to travel around Sichuan province or Tibet. Please PM me if U R interested.

Default Re: Seeking companion for Sichuan in Mid June

Hi Tony, I reach chengdu on 9 June then proceed to Tibet from 10 Jun till 18 June, ..back to Chengdu and go play play at Emei Shan and return home on 22 June.. Any recommendations of place to roam around chengdu?
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 5th June 2011 at 01:20 AM.
    蓮花仙子

Hi LotusFairy. This is my first visit to Sichuan and did not explore much around Chengdu. Joined a local tour and like kena conned. Paid 1,500rmb for the 2 days 1 nite package to Le Shan and E-mei. Lots of walking in E-mei (about 10km).
    Today 5th June I am taking a train to Xining, Qinghai and will return to Chengdu on 15th June. I am seeking a companion to go Juizaigou from the 17th June or anywhere in Sichuan/Tibet. For accommodation in Chengdu, I am staying at KaiBin Inn in Choon Si Lu which is just next to shopping district. 148rmb per nit.

Any CS bro/sis got good recommendation of a Chengdu travel agent? Planning for a trip to Juizaigou from the 17th June onward.

Quote Originally Posted by tonychua View Post
    Hi LotusFairy. This is my first visit to Sichuan and did not explore much around Chengdu. Joined a local tour and like kena conned. Paid 1,500rmb for the 2 days 1 nite package to Le Shan and E-mei. Lots of walking in E-mei (about 10km).
    Today 5th June I am taking a train to Xining, Qinghai and will return to Chengdu on 15th June. I am seeking a companion to go Juizaigou from the 17th June or anywhere in Sichuan/Tibet. For accommodation in Chengdu, I am staying at KaiBin Inn in Choon Si Lu which is just next to shopping district. 148rmb per nit.
    I am booking with the hostel (i go al cheapo on the last day of my tour) for the RM590 Leshan+Emei tour (plus other incident cost), i estimated the tour is about RMB1050. It is RMB40 more than the local agencies (I think the hostel takes commission), but then, it is convenient. anything buay song, I just nag at the hostel owner :P

oh soot, we are in the same province but cannot meet...
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 5th June 2011 at 09:08 AM.
    蓮花仙子

I had a change in plan and went to a local travel agent in Xining to make arrangement to go to Lhasa, Tibet. The agent told me that they are banning all foreigners to Tibet. Something even more surprising, my friend in Chengdu called me and said, Jiuzaigou is even restricting all foreigners.

If you have friends in Chengdu, remember to ask him/her bring you out and join the locals for "night beer" (夜啤酒). It is their lifestyle.

Btw I have a friend in Chengdu but he mainly organizes trekking trips. Let me know if you're interested for his assistance.

Thank ziplock. I would be interested if there is not too much walking. I old man liao.

I had a change in plan and went to a local travel agent in Xining to make arrangement to go to Lhasa, Tibet. The agent told me that they are banning all foreigners to Tibet. Something even more surprising, my friend in Chengdu called me and said, Jiuzaigou is even restricting all foreigners.
    About to leave for Chengdu and then Tibet in a few hours time.
    Went to google the forums. Read some updates that they have just stop issuing permits to Tibet as it will be closed from 25 June till 25 July.

Agent informed our permits is okay.. (we take train out of Tibet on 18 June).
    蓮花仙子

Any reason why they are restricting foreigners to jiuzhaigou? I am planning to go there later this year.. btw do you know any good and cheap lodging around jiuzhaigou?

this can not be. I just returned from JiuZhai and Ya Ding/Dao Cheng area 2 weeks ago.

My friend from Chengdu just called me and said they may have lifted the restriction to Juizaiguo. Anyway I going on the train from Xining tomorrow to Chengdu. Will find it out there myself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by watsup View Post
    Any reason why they are restricting foreigners to jiuzhaigou? I am planning to go there later this year.. btw do you know any good and cheap lodging around jiuzhaigou?
    This year is the 60th anniversary of Tibet under Chinese rule. Some Celebrations will be happening, but authorities are also preparing for some trouble. And since there are some Zhang Zhu people living in Sichuan area, I think they just want to be safe.

Hi everybody, i (and a friend) have joined a singapore tour agency and flew from Sin
    -Chengdu-Ningychi...now have reach Lhasa. will going to visit the city and move towards base of Mt E.

Local tour guide mentioned that the Tourist Visa is temporary not issued from now till End July. Our tour group is one lucky batch in singapore to get the visa for June vist.

So near End July, the country should be reopen for visits again.
    Btw, the places are beautiful..
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 12th June 2011 at 10:47 PM.
    蓮花仙子

Just joined a local tour to Juizhaigou leaving this Sunday. Look like everything is ok.

Thanks for sharing
    Look forward to your photos on Chengdu and SiChuan, please feel free to email me a URL to your gallery once you have posted.
    Last edited by smilegal; 29th June 2011 at 08:39 PM.

What a BIG shame. First day to HuangLong spoilt my whole trip. My overly enthusiasm killed it. Just 100 meters away from the 5 colored ponds in HuangLong, I have to turn back. Head was spinning and legs turned soft. I shouldn't have carried my full gear of photographic equipment with me. The following day in JZG, I rested in the hotel where everyone came back smilingly and said how much i have missed. I am now in Chengdu and just met up with LotusFairy.

If you are suffering from altitude sickness, do not fret, it happens to a lot of ppl. Quickly find out where to get a bottle of oxygen. Use it as much as you want! Dont spoil your trip.

What a BIG shame. First day to HuangLong spoilt my whole trip. My overly enthusiasm killed it. Just 100 meters away from the 5 colored ponds in HuangLong, I have to turn back. Head was spinning and legs turned soft. I shouldn't have carried my full gear of photographic equipment with me. The following day in JZG, I rested in the hotel where everyone came back smilingly and said how much i have missed. I am now in Chengdu and just met up with LotusFairy.

It could possibly be the foods i ate just few hours before Huanglong. Will take note of your suggestion and plan for Tibet. Leaving for Bamboo Forest National Park (蜀南竹海) tomorrow early morning.

Wah, Tony. How I envy you. Scrambling around China like a fairy riding a cloud.