Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

  1. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    I think Pentax is the only brand that I know that produce bodies of other colors. Very attractive for females and also quite small and light (KR and KX)
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  2. #22
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I think Pentax is the only brand that I know that produce bodies of other colors. Very attractive for females and also quite small and light (KR and KX)
    Wrong. Canon did that too... Canon 1100D came in four colors.



    If you ask me... I much prefer the brown and red colour that Canon give to Pentax's colour (although that doesn't necessary means that the 1100D is better camera when compared to the Pentax)

    And long before that Canon's entry level body came in two colors too, silver and black (although I don't think you can buy the silver version in Singapore, might be wrong though...)

    And if you look at mirrorless technology, both Olympus and Panasonic's offering came in more than 1 colors.
    Last edited by rhino123; 8th June 2011 at 09:55 AM.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    Yeah, Canon has jumped onto the colored camera band wagon after the Pentax Kx and Kr.
    Certainly different performance though.
    The Kx and Kr is no light weight in features and high ISO performance in a small DSLR package.

    Camo for you??






    Silver finish camera is real nice actually. Wish I could afford one

  4. #24
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Yeah, Canon has jumped onto the colored camera band wagon after the Pentax Kx and Kr.
    Certainly different performance though.
    The Kx and Kr is no light weight in features and high ISO performance in a small DSLR package.
    Not going to go into a brand war now (as what all these type of thread would lead to)... just to say that both Canon and Pentax make great cameras. I have not play with Pentax before, so I am not going to comment on Pentax's ability and capability.

    What I mean is, TS should look at what feature he/she wanted most and get those only. I think Canon's camera packed enough feature into its small package, and features like in-body stabilization system is a feature that I would not care for. If you get the kit lens, it actually have IS build into the lens, so I don't see the need too.

  5. #25
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Yeah, Canon has jumped onto the colored camera band wagon after the Pentax Kx and Kr.
    Certainly different performance though.
    The Kx and Kr is no light weight in features and high ISO performance in a small DSLR package.

    Camo for you??

    Silver finish camera is real nice actually. Wish I could afford one
    Certainlyandstuffs from Pentax...Swee-Swee-leh...!!!
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  6. #26

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Not going to go into a brand war now (as what all these type of thread would lead to)... just to say that both Canon and Pentax make great cameras. I have not play with Pentax before, so I am not going to comment on Pentax's ability and capability.

    What I mean is, TS should look at what feature he/she wanted most and get those only. I think Canon's camera packed enough feature into its small package, and features like in-body stabilization system is a feature that I would not care for. If you get the kit lens, it actually have IS build into the lens, so I don't see the need too.
    Don't worry lah!
    I think TS's friend will still buy a Canon (cause she stated so in the 1st page)


    In-body stabilization, well if camera maker gives it. Just use it.
    BTW, it does work on any lens attached vs specifically buying a IS one.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I think Pentax is the only brand that I know that produce bodies of other colors. Very attractive for females and also quite small and light (KR and KX)
    Sony too. They had gold, bronze, etc.
    Alpha

  8. #28
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    didn't know that Sony and Canon have other colored bodies too... (not that it mattered to me, since I will only take black..)
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  9. #29
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    Got transparent casing boh?
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 8th June 2011 at 08:16 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  10. #30
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Got transparent casing boh?
    Don't have. But I can help you take away the casing and wrap the remaining 'inside' with a transparent plastic bag and in a sense, it is a transparent casing

  11. #31

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Got transparent casing boh?
    Would be nice....

    Alpha

  12. #32
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Would be nice....




    /5 character limit.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  13. #33

    Default Re: Recommendation of suitable DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post


    /5 character limit.
    looks just like an XMM with a see-thru teddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •