Thread: Lens and Viewfinder not aligned

Default Lens and Viewfinder not aligned

My E3 has a problem. When I take photos, I realised that the image captured does not align with what I see. It will be tilted to the left. Is it normal?

I have tried it at the widest angle of my 14-54mm lens and aligned a straight border along the top of the viewfinder's border, and the image always turns out tilted.

My warranty is already over, so I don't know if I can fight for it to be fixed free of charge as its definitely not wear and tear.

Thanks!
    www.kelvinseet.com
    See the world through my eyes

Default Re: Lens and Viewfinder not aligned

Quote Originally Posted by KSeet View Post
    My E3 has a problem. When I take photos, I realised that the image captured does not align with what I see. It will be tilted to the left. Is it normal?

I have tried it at the widest angle of my 14-54mm lens and aligned a straight border along the top of the viewfinder's border, and the image always turns out tilted.

My warranty is already over, so I don't know if I can fight for it to be fixed free of charge as its definitely not wear and tear.

Thanks!
    Did you have this problem before? If so... maybe you should sent it back to Olympus service center and have it checked out.

Did you try on a tripod? Doesn't sound right.

If it was not always like that then that means something happened which caused it.

Play with DSLR also means need to save $$$ for repairs when out of warranty.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Blog Entries

Could be your penta mirror/prism is out of position. Or could be your mirror is out of position. You might want to ask someone to take a look at it, be it Oly SC or a third party repair person.

thanks for the info! I think i had the problem in the past but i lived with it. Only recently that i got really bothered by it because all my photos are out of alignment. Wasting my time PS-ing. I'll call Olympus tomorrow and see what they'll say. Guess the mirror or something must be out. Thanks!
    www.kelvinseet.com
    See the world through my eyes