Thread: FINDS Restaurant in Hong Kong

Smile FINDS Restaurant in Hong Kong

Was in Hong Kong over the weekend, and went to this fine dinning restaurant on Kimberly Street, FINDS. According to my friend, they mentioned that it's quite well know.

The Food was ok, but the price set me back by HK$390... An amount I might never spend on for Food in Singapore... I wonder isit the holiday mood...

Eitherway, I'm need to food photography. So please comment and give pointers.

Default Re: FINDS Restaurant in Hong Kong

Photo taken with a 500D with a 17-50mm f2.8 lens. Didn't do alot of Shopping on it. Most just crop and adjust colour, nothing else.

Please comment, so I can learn, Thank you!

most photos are either too soft or OOF.

#7 onwards, the tilt dun work and it looks like your dishes is falling off the table. Want to do tilt shots also must do nice angles, not just any angles.

the lighting is generally bad.

also, depth-of-field and angles is also a problem.

1) avoid your 'Subject' being placed against too "messy' background objects/items = I believe you might have heard of the saying: "Simplicity is always better"!!

2) always look thru' your viewfinder/LCD display for the 'Most-Appropriate-Angle-of-Shot' to be taken with...ya!!

3) one VIP/Good Tipis to avoid taking Food-shots with "Tilted-angle" as it's not really a "Welcome-Angle" to achieve when come to Food...!! Usually 'Client'won't want it &/or even Accept it on their Ads/Menus, reason being NO NATURAL-Food/Liquid - "leveling", will appear to be "Sloped / Slanted / Tilted" as with the case that majority of them have at least contained some form of 'gravy, juices, liquid etc, that obviously seemed to "Flowed-Out / Glided-Out / Slipped-Out"effects to the 'Customers'...whom viewing/selecting from the Menus...way manzz!!!
    Last edited by blueskye168; 31st May 2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Thanks for the comment, I felt like i have learn quite a lot already.

Will take take note on what angle and Depth of Field. Will also keep the surrounding less messy in the future.

And looks like i messed up on the focusing. Should i have used a higher aperture or Faster Shutter? In this case in a dimly lighted restaurant, what will you do?

Quote Originally Posted by tueac View Post
    Thanks for the comment, I felt like i have learn quite a lot already.

Will take take note on what angle and Depth of Field. Will also keep the surrounding less messy in the future.

And looks like i messed up on the focusing. Should i have used a higher aperture or Faster Shutter? In this case in a dimly lighted restaurant, what will you do?

most probably u can't use flash. so bump up your ISO to 800 or more. Use a wider aperture (below f4). That's my preference.

agree with sinned79, a few notches of brightness will do the food good. dont hesitate bumping up the iso

also, you probably have covered ceilings in restaraunts, can try abit of flash bounce (maybe you could do it with the menu or something heheh) with ur pop up flash. it'll give the food an even lighting as the light 'rains' down.

not sure if this helps!

Pics look underexposed on my screen.