Thread: Light Trails

Default Light Trails

Hi everyone,

Took this near Esplanade mall. So wanna post this art of mine here to see if i can improve on it next time.=D

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    - Maybe feel free to talk about composition, white balance and the intensity of the light trails? Please feel free to comment! =)
    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    - Hopes to improve on my night life photography skills, to know where to take awesome night life and improving.
    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    - I was kneeling down with one knee, just next to the road at ard 11pm. (emotions.. scared car bang me.) haha.
    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    - I think its worth a good comment, but would like to hear from the seniors more. =)

Thank you!

Default Re: Light Trails

Too much of the focus is on the road. for this location, u can try shooting from a higher ground to capture the bend of the road together with the bent light trail.
    I'm a PCW in newbie section. Hi. Welcome! :)

You took this on one knee? How long was your shutter speed? I havent explore night shots & long exposures so the only thing I can comment is the light streaks which is ok.
    < < Photography-On-A-Budget > >

Quote Originally Posted by The Moving Chair View Post
    Too much of the focus is on the road. for this location, u can try shooting from a higher ground to capture the bend of the road together with the bent light trail.
    Thank you for your suggestion! I will consider it and take some high angle shots. But is afraid of light pollution from the street lights thou.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe161 View Post
    You took this on one knee? How long was your shutter speed? I havent explore night shots & long exposures so the only thing I can comment is the light streaks which is ok.
    Hi there! Shutter was 1/30. Yeap with a tripod of cos. i love night shots ever since i started photography. thanks thanks! you should try it too!

your light trail is not enough. 1/30 is still too fast for light trails. try 3 secs - 8 secs next time.

i am using f18, 10 secs for this:

Last edited by sinned79; 8th June 2011 at 10:12 PM.