Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789

Thread: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

ばかで。

I rest my case.

Default Re: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

Let's not argue. Make peace not war. Recommendations threads always have such issues hor
    Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

right back at ya...

能なし

next time make sure you finish what you start....
    D3100

Quote Originally Posted by wasak2000 View Post
    right back at ya...

能なし

next time make sure you finish what you start....
    I believe name calling is against forum rules...

Edit: Post reported
    Last edited by spree86; 5th June 2011 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    I believe name calling is against forum rules...

Edit: Post reported

you may want to check spree86 ...did i mention anyone's name or quote anyone's post? just curious spree why is my post the only one you reported... i sense some bias here there is a post similar to mine here as well...
    Last edited by wasak2000; 5th June 2011 at 09:21 PM.
    D3100

Quote Originally Posted by wasak2000 View Post
    you may want to check spree86 ...did i mention anyone's name or quote anyone's post? just curious spree why is my post the only one you reported... i sense some bias here there is a post similar to mine here as well...
    I believe the mods will decide for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    I believe the mods will decide for themselves
    whatever spree86... i do believe that the mods here are impartial... and not biased like you... and if they backread they will see that on your friend's post #148 your friend was the one who drew first blood when he called me a fanboy and i quote "before a fanboy like you introduces some misconceptions" and #161 he also posted a deragatory japanese word "ばかで。" way before I did and my post are just reactions to those post... so please don't be his mommy... and get involved in this i'm sure your friend can take care of himself
    Last edited by wasak2000; 5th June 2011 at 10:04 PM.
    D3100

Please don't get my thread lock bros... -_-"

Quote Originally Posted by Tucksoon View Post
    Please don't get my thread lock bros... -_-"
    Might as well lock it. It's going nowhere and you already have all the tips you'll ever need.
    Alpha

Also true...but it's a shame my thread ended this way. Clubsnap previously has many cases of locked thread because of similar incidents?

Also true...but it's a shame my thread ended this way. Clubsnap previously has many cases of locked thread because of similar incidents?
    All the time....
    Alpha

Aiyo. What a shame. Since I have gotten many useful advice, I'm signing off from here. Will update again after I finally make a dive

I just realised I have the admin right to close the thread...didn't know TS has such right. Hmm...can don't argue?

There has got to be better things to do in life than slinging names whilst remaining hidden behind a keyboard.

How many internet trolls and bullies can you name in CS who are willing to meet up and settle things in a friendly and fair manner ... ?

Thread not closed unless you guys want it to be closed.

I just realised I have the admin right to close the thread...didn't know TS has such right. Hmm...can don't argue?
    Tucksoon, I would suggest you to close the thread, since I think you have gotten a variety of advice about what to get.
    What good can come out of leaving the thread open?
    Exploring! :)

bettter close the thread. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    But still useful eh? Haha. Ok ok no more before that evf and mirrorless proponent comes back.
    I never left. Only watched the thread from afar since TS narrowed down his choices.

Also, mirrorless is only good for certain types of photographers so I don't recommend it for everyone. Like me for example, I am a street photographer and hence I value the light-weight package immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    Having gone through an entry SLR to compact superzoom to 4/3 over 12 months, I think I can give this a go.

As for type of photography, the lens is the bigger driver than the body unless u are into pro-photography. In yr case, the wedding is once off, what's after?

Firstly, must keep in mind that my objective was 'better travel pics' than my minature compact. What I wanted was better IQ and a longer zoom to catch those situations compared to my minature compact.

It was a toss between the entry D3000 and the NX10. Took the D3000. Preferred the OVF as I can see lighting situations better than EVF which is always bright.

The first trip worked out quite well. I was in a group and transport was provided, made it easy to bring that n tripod n stuff.

The second trip was free and easy, my travels are mostly this type. Suddenly the cam weighed a ton hanging round my neck the entire day while walking. Pics were great but it was finding it's way into the backpack, not a good way to be always ready and I wanted a bit more zoom.

A soul, i mean cam, searching followed. The compact superzoom looked like the answer to my woes. Yes the IQ isn't fantastic, but a bit of IQ for my neck sounds reasonable. So P100 it is.

Third trip followed. Cam worked great as thought. No neckaches, long zoom, small n easy to keep. At return, on a 24 inch monitor.........it's back to the shops.....after enjoying D3000 quality, kinda hard to step back. Don't get me wrong, it's still a big step up from the compact in terms what you can do and better quality pics. From prints, you can't really tell.

So what's left. 4/3, perhaps the NX10 was the better choice. Settled on the Oly EPL2 for reasons of larger lens choice.

Fourth trip followed. So far so good. Great pics, reasonable weight. Sold the 2 kit lenses n got the 14-150. I've seen places so dusty you'll be reluctant to bring out the cam let alone swap lens and for travel, swapping is also an iffy option.

So what's next? Eyeing the 5100, but the weight question hangs heavy.
    Great report and I agree with your insights.

The EPL-2 is a fabulous camera weight wise with only slight compromise to image quality. Regarding the D5100, if weight is your "Achilles heel" then stay away is my advice. For me, weight has been very bad for my shoulders and neck. I also tend to take photos that actually "look" angry and frustrated, so that's no good either.

The other problem is I use public transport, so weight and bulk has not been helpful on the bus or train, and also an expensive camera bag is a magnet for thieves. Discrete and small is better for a person like me.

I am not sure if any of you guys have seen my analysis on camera weights, originally posted here:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...77#post7182677

Also, the NX10 is an APS-C sensor camera, not 4/3rds, but no doubt this is an honest mistake. :-)
    Samsung NX10+30mm, Fuji S6500FD

I hear a collective groan!

Ok yes, best close the thread before things get out of hand!
    Samsung NX10+30mm, Fuji S6500FD

Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt
    Also, the NX10 is an APS-C sensor camera, not 4/3rds, but no doubt this is an honest mistake. :-)
    Was aware it's an APS-C but kept the comparison to weight, IQ and usage than camera types.

Decided against it mainly from availability of lens and market accessories (last yr). In fact it was the NX10 that prompted me to move up since I moved from my film SLR to film compact then digital compact.

Traveling with children is already a full pack, no place for SLRs. Now that kids are grown, time to revisit, but back says otherwise.

If and its a big IF, I get the 5100, it'll be for outings or events only where there are plenty of chairs ;-)

Hi guys,

I have decided to close this thread since I have already gathered very useful opinion for you guys here. I might start another thread to update on my purchase. Later guys

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789