Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast

Thread: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

We know what you mean... But it's good practice to learn to get the terminology right so that you can phrase your questions correctly and clearly.
    Absolutely. I have been reading and watching a lot of reviews and videos on lens. Very enriching
    Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

Default Re: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Btw. I use canon but I'm really digging the Sony set up too. Not saying that I'll change, but yeah.
    if you do wanna change one day, i'll ask my bro if he'll sell you his A55 at a cheaper price compared to the other 2nd hand A55s on the market

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

if you do wanna change one day, i'll ask my bro if he'll sell you his A55 at a cheaper price compared to the other 2nd hand A55s on the market
    What is this poison?? got CZ lens also??
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

What is this poison?? got CZ lens also??
    he's planning on getting the CZ 24-70 and CZ85

he's planning on getting the CZ 24-70 and CZ85
    I thought you already have it? Or you adopt the no sharing policy?
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

I thought you already have it? Or you adopt the no sharing policy?

Hi guys,

I just tried the Canon 60D at Vivo. The kit 1 (18-55) is out of batt so I played with the kit 3 (18-200). Some thoughts:

1) It's pretty heavy as I always try basic kit in shop. Haha.

2) The mode dial take some getting used to. Outer dial is fine but I find the inner directional buttons not quite precise. I guess I'm too new to this but at least it will not rub away skin as maligned by Kai in DigitalRev LOL!

3) The 18-200 almost feel like a zooming with my old Canon S5 IS.

Comparing with my experience with Sony A55, it's really quite different. The A55 feels much lighter and quicker while the 60D feels more solid in hands. The A55 feels more like a PnS with less buttons too. Just my newbie perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Tucksoon View Post
    Hi guys,

I just tried the Canon 60D at Vivo. The kit 1 (18-55) is out of batt so I played with the kit 3 (18-200). Some thoughts:

1) It's pretty heavy as I always try basic kit in shop. Haha.

2) The mode dial take some getting used to. Outer dial is fine but I find the inner directional buttons not quite precise. I guess I'm too new to this but at least it will not rub away skin as maligned by Kai in DigitalRev LOL!

3) The 18-200 almost feel like a zooming with my old Canon S5 IS.

Comparing with my experience with Sony A55, it's really quite different. The A55 feels much lighter and quicker while the 60D feels more solid in hands. The A55 feels more like a PnS with less buttons too. Just my newbie perspective
    but which one are you more comfortable with? that's the key question.

ergonomics, weight, ease-of-use

I thought the 60D is quite light...

edit: but yes A55 is much lighter
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 3rd June 2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I thought the 60D is quite light...

edit: but yes A55 is much lighter
    After holding my 500D for sometime, anything above a entry level camera is heavy....
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

The A55 feels familiar as I have been using the Canon S5. Sounds ironic! My heart goes to A55 because of the similar weight. It's also quite shutter friendly for a newbie like me as I managed to get a few ok looking shots just like a PnS.

But I like the robustness of 60D. I also prefer its swivel screen. The A55's flip-down seems less versatile than the 60D's.

Dilemma -_-"

but which one are you more comfortable with? that's the key question.

ergonomics, weight, ease-of-use

The A55 feels familiar as I have been using the Canon S5. Sounds ironic! My heart goes to A55 because of the similar weight. It's also quite shutter friendly for a newbie like me as I managed to get a few ok looking shots just like a PnS.

But I like the robustness of 60D. I also prefer its swivel screen. The A55's flip-down seems less versatile than the 60D's.

Dilemma -_-"
    depends what you want to do. Another thing is to check if the brand can support what you want to do.

I concur that flip lcd is indeed useful....Olympus had the right idea in including one with their flagship E1 so many years ago.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

I also prefer its swivel screen. The A55's flip-down seems less versatile than the 60D's.

Dilemma -_-"
    True, but consider that the main benefit of the swivel screen - shooting in live view at odd angles - really is a pain in the rear without fast AF.
    Alpha

Dilemma -_-"
    That's fair enough. There's a considerable weight and size difference between Powershot S5 and EOS 60D. A55 slots into the 'gap' quite neatly.
    If you're after image quality, a larger sensor is almost always desirable. And the sensor on an A55 or 60D is approx 10times the size of that on an S5.
    Some people like small and discreet, whilst others prefer hefty and solid. It's entirely your choice. Each has its own pros and cons
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

True, but consider that the main benefit of the swivel screen - shooting in live view at odd angles - really is a pain in the rear without fast AF.
    The autofocus can be changed to quick autofocus which is much faster than the default autofocus..

http://www.cameratips.com/60d/canon-...-for-live-view

After reading several online reviews and a good 15 minutes hands-on, 60D's poor 4 direction controller seems to be the most unlikely deal breaker for me. What a shame. I guess if I have gotten it I will get used to it with time though.

I will give A55 another hands-on session tomorrow

I know I will kena whack for this but is the A77 worth waiting? Haha

I will also give 600D a hands-on. I forgot to play with it just now

I know I will kena whack for this but is the A77 worth waiting? Haha
    Many pple here are very nice one. Won't whack pple (but may do something else instead :P)

I don't like to chase after products that "don't know when will release", it can be 3 months or more and during this period you can be already playing around and having fun with ur camera. Plus, do you really need to chase after all the latest gadgets? (at least I don't...)
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

really gonna need a flash if you wanna shoot the wedding!
    "Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." - Vince Lombardi

Hehe! I will be the second or third photographer that day. I'm just finding excuses to get a new camera

Quote Originally Posted by iRaphael View Post
    really gonna need a flash if you wanna shoot the wedding!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast