Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 180

Thread: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

  1. #101
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    They definitely have better acting than mediacorpse shows.. viewership is impt for advertisers..
    ..."better acting than mediacorpseshows.."...!!!one, Bonnie
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  2. #102
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra

    I think yours will be like that Taiwanese serial "爱"
    Goodness knows how many episodes!
    我问天,我问天... (I ask sky, I ask sky...)

  3. #103
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya

    They definitely have better acting than mediacorpse shows.. viewership is impt for advertisers..
    Don't forget mediacorpse's awesome screenwriting and storylines. I once saw (by accident) an episode of SG tv series that tries to be CSI, X files and Supernatural all rolled into one. I was so blown away that I had to turn it off after 10 mins.

  4. #104
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I think yours will be like that Taiwanese serial "爱"
    Goodness knows how many episodes!
    Precisely, the Never ending, Forever going, Continuously, Carry-on, On-and-on-and-on...EpisodeszzzZZZ.....!!

    PLUS...with actor/actress going "Off-liao" and then "The-Return-of=Reappearing" of their roles again...!! like that how to "OFF" leh...??
    Last edited by blueskye168; 2nd June 2011 at 12:25 PM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  5. #105
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    我问天,我问天... (I ask sky, I ask sky...)
    Yah-lahhh...!!

    Everyday also "Ask-the-Sky"..."Ask-the-Sky" Of cos Ask until it Rains lahhh...(remember the part where that "Man" 'spin-around with his one-hand-up in the rain...joker lehhh...!!!)

    Btw, no doubt long-winded but can be rather interesting, exciting and nice story at times
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  6. #106
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    我问天,我问天... (I ask sky, I ask sky...)
    Hope you are not asking me....


    I've stopped watching TV since at least 5 years ago (other than the program on 14 May 2011)
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  7. #107
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    Don't forget mediacorpse's awesome screenwriting and storylines. I once saw (by accident) an episode of SG tv series that tries to be CSI, X files and Supernatural all rolled into one. I was so blown away that I had to turn it off after 10 mins.
    I'm surprised you lasted that long. since I'm a recluse, I never watch tv unless I have to. there is teh interwebs! And cable.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  8. #108
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    I'm surprised you lasted that long. since I'm a recluse, I never watch tv unless I have to. there is teh interwebs! And cable.
    It was a moment of weakness bon bon.... Please forgive me.

  9. #109
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    It was a moment of weakness bon bon.... Please forgive me.
    Hehehe. Sometimes, it's so bad it's good. Can't stop watching~ :zombie:
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  10. #110

    Default

    This thread has OT to 爱! Hehehe!!!

    Anyway thanks for all the input so far. Really learn a lot (poisoned) for the past 2 days

    Back to business, I have narrowed down to a 2 options: The Canon 60D and Sony A55. I just tried A55 at Sony Center. Man it's really fast. It's very handy, almost the same size as my old Canon S5 IS. I need to compare it side by side with the Canon. I'm also open to Nikon and Pentax but have not tried them yet.

    2 questions:

    1) I mentioned I'm willing to spend $3000 for everything. Will it be better for me to spend lesser (say $2000) now on just basic kit lens system + accessories, learn the fundamentals first, or dive straight to better lens for save the trouble and avoid the BBB virus?

    2) I really like bokeh shoots and I hope to able to shoot nice bokehs with little effort. I know I need to practise a lot to achieve very good bokehs but I hope achieve it within the shortest time with good equipment. I tried very hard with the Canon S5 IS but always achieve poor bokehs (my skills are obviously poor too hehe!) My aim is to shoot nice bokehs for my brother's ROM first. Can the kit lens (18-55) let me to achieve that? Or should I go straight to something like 35-85 or 17-55 or even 50mm 1.8?

    Thanks ))
    Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

  11. #111
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucksoon View Post
    This thread has OT to 爱! Hehehe!!!

    Anyway thanks for all the input so far. Really learn a lot (poisoned) for the past 2 days

    Back to business, I have narrowed down to a 2 options: The Canon 60D and Sony A55. I just tried A55 at Sony Center. Man it's really fast. It's very handy, almost the same size as my old Canon S5 IS. I need to compare it side by side with the Canon. I'm also open to Nikon and Pentax but have not tried them yet.

    2 questions:

    1) I mentioned I'm willing to spend $3000 for everything. Will it be better for me to spend lesser (say $2000) now on just basic kit lens system + accessories, learn the fundamentals first, or dive straight to better lens for save the trouble and avoid the BBB virus?

    2) I really like bokeh shoots and I hope to able to shoot nice bokehs with little effort. I know I need to practise a lot to achieve very good bokehs but I hope achieve it within the shortest time with good equipment. I tried very hard with the Canon S5 IS but always achieve poor bokehs (my skills are obviously poor too hehe!) My aim is to shoot nice bokehs for my brother's ROM first. Can the kit lens (18-55) let me to achieve that? Or should I go straight to something like 35-85 or 17-55 or even 50mm 1.8?

    Thanks ))
    With the kit lens being so cheap, light and well-performing, I would say it's worthwhile to get it and use first. 50/1.8 is another very affordable lens which you may like to consider, though 50mm on a camera like 60D may be too 'tight' to frame many things.
    I would suggest to use the kit lens first and then lock it at 50mm to see if you're comfortable.

    Perhaps you'd like to try camera (your choice) + kit lens 18-55 + fast prime (either 30 or 50) + external flash. Even if you get another lens, it's worthwhile to keep the 18-55 as a travel lens
    Exploring! :)

  12. #112
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucksoon
    This thread has OT to 爱! Hehehe!!!

    Anyway thanks for all the input so far. Really learn a lot (poisoned) for the past 2 days

    Back to business, I have narrowed down to a 2 options: The Canon 60D and Sony A55. I just tried A55 at Sony Center. Man it's really fast. It's very handy, almost the same size as my old Canon S5 IS. I need to compare it side by side with the Canon. I'm also open to Nikon and Pentax but have not tried them yet.

    2 questions:

    1) I mentioned I'm willing to spend $3000 for everything. Will it be better for me to spend lesser (say $2000) now on just basic kit lens system + accessories, learn the fundamentals first, or dive straight to better lens for save the trouble and avoid the BBB virus?

    2) I really like bokeh shoots and I hope to able to shoot nice bokehs with little effort. I know I need to practise a lot to achieve very good bokehs but I hope achieve it within the shortest time with good equipment. I tried very hard with the Canon S5 IS but always achieve poor bokehs (my skills are obviously poor too hehe!) My aim is to shoot nice bokehs for my brother's ROM first. Can the kit lens (18-55) let me to achieve that? Or should I go straight to something like 35-85 or 17-55 or even 50mm 1.8?

    Thanks
    Just have to answer one question: how much you wanna spend on lenses??! Are CZ lenses good for you?

    I think... Any lens can give you bokeh.. The difference is that the bokeh is: chunky/blotchy/creamy only.

    Btw. I use canon but I'm really digging the Sony set up too. Not saying that I'll change, but yeah.

    Also, it's good to always have the 50mm f1.8 cos it's so cheap and good you can throw it around and abuse it etc and you won't feel so bad for it.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  13. #113

    Default Re: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucksoon View Post

    2) I really like bokeh shoots and I hope to able to shoot nice bokehs with little effort. I know I need to practise a lot to achieve very good bokehs but I hope achieve it within the shortest time with good equipment. I tried very hard with the Canon S5 IS but always achieve poor bokehs (my skills are obviously poor too hehe!) My aim is to shoot nice bokehs for my brother's ROM first. Can the kit lens (18-55) let me to achieve that? Or should I go straight to something like 35-85 or 17-55 or even 50mm 1.8?

    No such thing as "bokeh shots" and you don't shoot "nice bokehs". Please read up on what bokeh really means.

    The 18-55 can achieve background blur with relatively pleasing bokeh, but due to the focal length and relatively small aperture the amount of blur will be limited by your distance to the subject and the subject distance to the background. That's why I recommended the 50mm f/1.8 lens.

    And remember, it's really cheap in MS Color and SLR revolution compared to SonyStyle. And with the fast AF in liveview of the A55 and the tilting LCD, you can easily get those "over everyone's heads" shots easily.
    Alpha

  14. #114
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    No such thing as "bokeh shots" and you don't shoot "nice bokehs". Please read up on what bokeh really means.

    The 18-55 can achieve background blur with relatively pleasing bokeh, but due to the focal length and relatively small aperture the amount of blur will be limited by your distance to the subject and the subject distance to the background. That's why I recommended the 50mm f/1.8 lens.

    And remember, it's really cheap in MS Color and SLR revolution compared to SonyStyle. And with the fast AF in liveview of the A55 and the tilting LCD, you can easily get those "over everyone's heads" shots easily.
    Uncle rashkae, canon 60d also got the tilty thing. just cannot compare to the Sony auto AF function "look ma, no hands!"
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  15. #115

    Default Re: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Uncle rashkae, canon 60d also got the tilty thing. just cannot compare to the Sony auto AF function "look ma, no hands!"
    Yeah, the 60D finally got the tilting LCD too. But the AF is so slow....
    Alpha

  16. #116
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    Yeah, the 60D finally got the tilting LCD too. But the AF is so slow....
    Ya lor. Cannot compare...
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  17. #117

    Default

    Hehe paiseh I don't know how to express my understanding of 'nice bokeh' in words. I will read up more on depth of field. Thanks
    Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

  18. #118

    Default Re: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucksoon View Post
    Hehe paiseh I don't know how to express my understanding of 'nice bokeh' in words. I will read up more on depth of field. Thanks
    We know what you mean... But it's good practice to learn to get the terminology right so that you can phrase your questions correctly and clearly.
    Alpha

  19. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    Yeah, the 60D finally got the tilting LCD too. But the AF is so slow....
    You can set the liveview focus to quick af mode then it will focus much faster than normal af..

  20. #120

    Default Re: Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Btw. I use canon but I'm really digging the Sony set up too. Not saying that I'll change, but yeah.
    Thought you were liking Pentax? Or was all that a lie????

    lol.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •