Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 101

Thread: Buy Buy Buy...

  1. #1

    Default Buy Buy Buy...

    Photography is a darn expensive hobby...

  2. #2

    Default Re: Buy Buy Buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by shutter death View Post
    Photography is a darn expensive hobby...
    Depends if you can resist the temptations

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Buy Buy Buy...

    Not really,
    just like any type of hobbies you are into,
    that depends on how committed you are.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #4
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Buy Buy Buy...

    FYI,

    "BBB", aka "buy buy buy" is a taboo phrase to be used in this forum, keep mention it in the post will result in sudden death.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #5

    Default

    Honestly, to me.... What ever I have would never be enough... Haiz.. Die lah like this. I can go broke...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Buy Buy Buy...

    But photography brings joy to us and our family members ...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Buy Buy Buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by google View Post
    But photography brings joy to us and our family members ...
    Then why does our wives and girlfriends complain that we spend too much money on this hobby?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Buy Buy Buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by google View Post
    But photography brings joy to us and our family members ...
    Wait till your GF/Wife asks you why you need to bring such a big camera everywhere, her PnS shoots just as good as you do, and why are you always shooting pictures of pretty girls, do you like the models better than them, etc etc
    Alpha

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86

    Then why does our wives and girlfriends complain that we spend too much money on this hobby?
    True true... I don't dare to tell my wife whenever I buy new stuff for this hobby... Or else she will demand a blardy LV bag...

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    Wait till your GF/Wife asks you why you need to bring such a big camera everywhere, her PnS shoots just as good as you do, and why are you always shooting pictures of pretty girls, do you like the models better than them, etc etc
    Tat y I take scenery only ...
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

  11. #11

    Default Re: Buy Buy Buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by small pig View Post
    Tat y I take scenery only ...
    That's why I take bugs only but she still complain

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small pig

    Tat y I take scenery only ...
    Gosh ya don't know how I feel... Heheh... Each time I take good photos, it gives me the orgasm... No matter it's landscape or anything else...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Buy Buy Buy...

    I tell my wife that all the lenses i have, i didn't buy it.
    I make them from recycle plastic and glasses.

    so there's is no issue.

  14. #14
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Buy Buy Buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by shutter death View Post
    Gosh ya don't know how I feel... Heheh... Each time I take good photos, it gives me the orgasm... No matter it's landscape or anything else...
    hello =) how are you? haha... post some photo and share lei haha

    btw, im having this problem also, when i told her "i want to buy this lens xxxx or that xxxx" she will like "AGAIN?" thought u said its the last one. hahaha
    Lousy de My Flickr

  15. #15
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Are you living a lifestyle you cannot afford? Spending more than you can earn?? Wife or GF questioning your purchases???

    SEEK HELP NOW!

    Auntie Bonnie is here to help.

    PM with pictures of feet for an enquiry.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange

    hello =) how are you? haha... post some photo and share lei haha

    btw, im having this problem also, when i told her "i want to buy this lens xxxx or that xxxx" she will like "AGAIN?" thought u said its the last one. hahaha
    Hey dude... What's up... I'm fine. I can't post my pics in here... I still don't really know how despite trying lots of time after ya have taught me.. Ya can check out my photos in flickr tho... The name is blankshot13..

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya
    Are you living a lifestyle you cannot afford? Spending more than you can earn?? Wife or GF questioning your purchases???

    SEEK HELP NOW!

    Auntie Bonnie is here to help.

    PM with pictures of feet for an enquiry.
    Feet again? Bluurgh... Hehe.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Buy Buy Buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by google View Post
    I tell my wife that all the lenses i have, i didn't buy it.
    I make them from recycle plastic and glasses.

    so there's is no issue.
    I want a wife like that. Most wives now can actually think omg.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Buy Buy Buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by symmetrix View Post
    I want a wife like that. Most wives now can actually think omg.
    Wife: "Hmm... so you actually made a 70-200mm f2.8 VRII with recycled materials? Can you make a few more so that we can sell on BnS?"

  20. #20
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Buy Buy Buy...

    You could try taking up a hobby like golf, or scuba diving, or modifying your car to the extreme.


    maybe after that, you wouldn't be complaining about photography being an expensive hobby
    Exploring! :)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •