Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about flash

Default Re: Question about flash

Now that I got my flash gun. Is this defuser cap good enough? I read about soft box, etc and how good they are. Any advise?

Firstly, what will you be using your flash for? Lol. Different diffuser for different purposes. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Now that I got my flash gun. Is this defuser cap good enough? I read about soft box, etc and how good they are. Any advise?
    Haha since you didn't say for what, I'm going to randomly suggest Seeing there's a hoverfly in your avatar, Victor diffuser is the best

Edit: wrong ID
    Last edited by spree86; 14th June 2011 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Haha since you didn't say for what, I'm going to randomly suggest Seeing there's a bee-mimicking fly in your avatar, Victor diffuser is the best
    That's a hoverfly if i not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by crystal1993 View Post
    That's a hoverfly if i not wrong.
    Really ar? Kena scam by Jayce again

Really ar? Kena scam by Jayce again
    If i not wrong lah! It looks like it from the avatar. Too small to properly id lol.
    And....LOL @ you!

Quote Originally Posted by crystal1993 View Post
    Firstly, what will you be using your flash for? Lol. Different diffuser for different purposes. =)
    I am taking macro outdoor. I try to adjust the flash power while using the standard filter cap. I think the defusing is not that great or even.

very informative thread. I got a lot information from here. thanks

I am taking macro outdoor. I try to adjust the flash power while using the standard filter cap. I think the defusing is not that great or even.
    You need to further soften/diffuse the flash because you are working very close to the subject.

If you have adjustable power, cut the power to minimum
    Last edited by Diavonex; 16th June 2011 at 07:45 PM.

The diffuser cap is not enough. It would be good if you can DIY one yourself

The diffuser cap is not enough. It would be good if you can DIY one yourself
    Any website to see what is needed? I already standby a clean white plastic bottle which I think may do the job.

I came across this thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...flash+diffuser. The diy diffuser looks cool to me..cheap and simple.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah

Any website to see what is needed? I already standby a clean white plastic bottle which I think may do the job.
    Try looking for the victor diffuser at the macro section, it was asked recently as the "victor setup"

Hi all senior,

I'm a newbie and currently using Sony SLT-A33 and looking to buy a external flash for indoor photography. I found that the brand Tumax DPT386 has the TTL function. Does it suitable if i use it as my main flash? My budget not more than 200. Any other brand that recommend with TTL function? Hope there could be some advice on this. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelWoo
    Hi all senior,

I'm a newbie and currently using Sony SLT-A33 and looking to buy a external flash for indoor photography. I found that the brand Tumax DPT386 has the TTL function. Does it suitable if i use it as my main flash? My budget not more than 200. Any other brand that recommend with TTL function? Hope there could be some advice on this. Thank you.
    Brand such as sunblitz, nissin and yongnuo (certain models) have flashes with TTL function as well

Hi, So in the end which flash you bought? as i maybe looking to buy a 3rd party flash as well. but still reading more on it before buying. thanks
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12